CH 4: News & Nudity

Listen to Lush Life by Zara Larsson

Chapter 4

Just then miracoulously the knot came undone. Thank you window gods for having mercy on me!

Acting quick, I slipped back into the room, and shut the curtains.

I heard Marcus, wolf whistle and say aloud "Oh come on! Give us a show," he joked hollering from the other end.

Now that just infuriated me, huddling behind the safety of the curtains I stuck my finger out the window and flipped him off before yelling profanities. Then shut the window and pulled the pink curtains tightly together.

Oh my fudge cakes! Ryder freaking Haynes is my new neighbour!

I can not share this piece of information with Abbie, she'll practically force herself to sleepover over every night Hell, she might even move in. I shuddered at the thought. Nuh-uh, never gonna happen in a million years.

After settling in the bathtub and into a comfortable silence with myself, I pondered on what happened today.

I had glanced at both the boys, while Marcus's jaw had reached the floor Ryder was just smirking, was my body not good enough? Not to brag but I had a rocking bod, so why couldn't his reaction be what I expected?

Sighing, why do I care what he thinks?

I've dealt with heartache and someone close leaving my side so suddenly. I promised that I would never risk falling for anyone. Especially him. He would bring too much damage.

But he's hot though, my slutty self echoed in my brain.

Shay you just met him, you can't expect him to like you, pushing the thoughts to the back of my mind, I settled deeper into the lukewarm water.

Drifting off to sleep I dreamt of unicorns, rainbows, Abbie's head on fire and...the mysterious hot stranger whose room was opposite mine.

Later at night, after eating the hearty dinner which consisted of garlic lobster and mashed potatoes, I ended it with a huge tub of yogurt. You must be thinking I'm beyond weird but yogurt is like my ice cream. I eat it when ever I'm depressed, happy, contemplating life. To sum it all up, I eat alot of it.

After the three of us had finished dinner. Morgan and I video called mum and dad.

We always acted reluctant when Franny (Franchesca) told us too but in truth we missed them. We talked about all the events during the week. Morgan had to go to a compulsory programme for the football college he was going to attend. Even though it was the beginning of the year his place was already secured. It was held out of the city for a whole week. and he'd be allowed to miss school.

Lucky him right? I groaned so loudly I sounded like a hippo being suffocated with a ginormous pillow. This would also mean that I would have to try and drive myself to school. Which I definitely wasn't doing. Fan freaking tabalous!

After chatting about school and the cases that they had just recently won, I brought up the subject of the new neighbours.

"Guess what, we have new neighbours, they just moved in today," I said abit too energetically.

Mum looked up from her paperwork and was intrigued. "Really? Do we know them? Family name? Are they noisy? Please tell me they don't have a child, we cannot have one of that being heard, who did you say they were again?" Mum asks curiously, awaiting my answer to her multiple questions with raised eyebrows.

"I dont think...you'd know them, they're the Haynes family and they-" before I could finish my sentence my mums eyeballs widened and nearly popped out of their sockets, while my fathers reaction was just the same, he spat and spluttered his coffee all over their laptop screen, causing it to become fuzzy, and the chat diconnected before the status was changed to unavailable.

Morgan and I turned to each other exchanging weird glances, as we were still trying to process their shocked reactions. Not long after a message popped up from the two of them.

From: Mada and Fada

Children, Stay safe and help Franny. About the neighbors, don't interact with them just yet until we're back. Hearts and Kisses.

Oh snap. Too late for that.

---------------
A/N:
Can I just say you guys deserve a dozen cookies for still choosing to read! Ugh y'all make me beyond happy. This chapter was just a filler so stay tuned for the update.

Emma x