CH 5: All Nighters & Acquaintances

• Dedicated to Helena Tafunai

Listen to Losing by H.E.R

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Chapter 5

With my window still firmly shut, I said a prayer mainly for my parents and their wellbeing. Even though they were never around for half of my life I did not want to become an orphan at 17. I couldn't help but think about why they reacted weirdly about the neighbours.

I needed to do some of my own digging. Not being able to sleep since the air around me felt stuffy, I stood up and went towards the large glass window. Slipping my hand through the curtain, I unlocked the window and opened it half way. I glanced at the clock on my bedside table 10:30pm.I have got to get some shut eye if I wanted to get out of bed the next morning.

Out of curiosity and before I could stop my actions, I peeped through the curtains and looked over into Ryder's window. He's curtain was closed but it flapped lightly due to the breeze. I scanned the room and saw 4 figures in the large room. Phew, at least they all looked muscular. Now I can sleep peacefully without hearing any females, if you know what I mean. I shuddered at the thought and padded back to the comfort of my bed. 1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, and then I drifted off into dream land.
-
-
-
-

I woke up startled, and sat straight up in bed. "Cole Sprouse, of course I'll marry you and Dylan," I mumbled while rubbing the drool from the side of my face. Then, I heard it again, the noise that woke me from my beauty sleep. My senses immediately switched on. I heard feet scuttering outside my window. wait a minute, but that would mean....

NO! OH HELL TO THE FLYING FRIGGIN NO.

Not feeling the least self-conscious about my Elmo matching pajamas. I rolled out of bed, and got down on all fours, as I neared the window I could pick up deep voices on the tree outside.

PSYCHO MODE ACTIVATED.

Climbing out of the window and on the nearest branch. The moonlight illuminated the tall tree. The leaves rustling from the midnight wind. Squinting my eyes I could faintly see the outline of the culprits sitting on a higher branch near Ryder's room. Completely unaware of my presence, I crouched and crept slowly, within hearing distance. I saw Marcus, Ryder and two undeniably sexy boys seated with them.

Why must they always be so damn attractive?

They all burst out into guffaws, as they studied something strangely familiar passing it around their circle. And, then I saw it. Glinting in the moonlight. My journal.

"Hear this one guys, 28th October 2014: I woke up with diarrhoea today, so I had to stay home but told everyone I had the flu- " said that bastard Marcus, who was currently bending down and laughing his lungs out.

Danny and Zach who told you guys, to go through her stuff?" Ryder asked coolly with a bored expression.

Maybe slightly concerned?

"It's not our fault she doesn't try to hide it. At all."

Okay. That was partially true. I left it on my study desk for all eyes to get a look at. "Couldn't you find something... a little more exciting? Like Crack? Or a joint?" He asked sipping his beer his eyes attached to his phone. Their vulgar music playing from inside his room.

Seriously? What did he think I was? Some kind of messed up addict?

Marcus snorted loudly. "You've got this girl all figured out wrong man. The only think she owns with drugs is asprin. She's a tough one so good luck tryna tap some of that."