CH 30: Night Owls & Not So Chaste Kisses

Listen to Messages From Her by Sabrina Claudio

Chapter 30

Goosebumps erupted all over my body. I stood frozen in my tracks watching the person walk up to the door then hesitantly walk backwards towards the stairs.

Luckily, the two long slit windows near the front door were tinted preventing the person from seeing inside.

I continued to watch the person my fear sliding out of my system when I saw the stranger run his hands a couple of times through his hair. I'd grown accustomed to that habit. Also realizing the silhouette of the guy, I'd recognize that perfectly structured jawline a mile away.

Risk #17: Relinquish The Paranoia

Twisting the knob, I creaked the large wooden door open half way meeting his gaze when he turned back around startled.

"You do realize its 4:30 in the morning," I scolded him rubbing my shoulders when the chill of the night air hit my skin.

He still looked stunned, his eyes surveying my provocative pajamas that showed a lot of my legs and tanned skin.

"I see you were expecting me," he commented with a smirk towards my outfit that his eyes were still roaming.

Well, whadaya know? At least someone got to see this...just the wrong set of eyes.

Suddenly feeling self conscious I hid behind the door while he looked on amused. "Watch out, your ego might not fit when you get back in your car," hoping this comeback was good enough.

He actually thought I dressed up for him! Ugh, he really knew how to get on my nerves in a matter of seconds.

He walked up to the door leaning his arm on one side looking down at me with a funny expression stuck on his face.

"Nice milk mustache," he studied my face with a loop sided smile. "It suits you," he teased before letting out a deep chuckle that would have sounded sexy if he hadn't just made fun of me.

My cheeks heated up as I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. "Shut up," I let out a snort when he cocked his head to the side still chuckling.

Sleeking his wet hair back, I noticed that he just had a shower and looked fresh compared to his battered and bruised self from hours ago. But why did he bring his car? And why didn't he just come out onto the tree?

"Do you have a second home or?" I opened the door wider taking a few cautious steps towards him. The street was silent except for a few howling dogs and the eerie rustling of the leaves beside the house.

"What makes you think that shimmy Shay?" He let on licking his lips and backing away from me so there was space between us.

"Cause...you'd probably have broken into my room instead of showing up at my doorstep..."

He still didn't reply shrugging his shoulders. "Unless..." I began coming out into the porch and circling him,"...you're locked out or you don't want your parents to hear you come home."

He applauded looking impressed. "A for effort but none of those theories were right."

"Then what is it?" I folded my arms exhaling in defeat. "Nah...I'm just pissed at my mom so this is my way of punishing her," he huffed out at the end like he was upset about doing it.