CH 28: Spilling The Beans & Trust Issues

Listen to Surround Me by Léon

Chapter 28

"Where are we going?" I shut my eyes while he drove at an unbelievably high speed I didn't even think it was legal. I then proceeded to bringing my knees up and burying my face not wanting to see how my life would end.

I was glad Ryder helped me get over my anxiety of driving a car even at a high speed otherwise this situation would've been a whole other story.

I heard him chortle inwardly increasing the speed by changing the gear making me squeal in fright.

"C'mon I thought you loved our joyrides?"

"Yeah...when I'm the one driving! Not when there's a reckless driver such as yourself at the wheel. I've already predicted it...we're gonna slam whack bam into a tree better yet the brakes are gonna act up and your baby is gonna ram straight into a huge truck with a tank full of gas and then we're gonna blow to bits and then-"

"You can open your eyes now," he huffed out interrupting my babble switching off the engine.

"I didn't feel the impact. Must've been a quick death. Wait- why are you in heaven with me?" I asked him sarcastically still talking incoherently into my hands.

"Drama queen," I heard him mumble before I felt a pair of hands slide under my knees and carry me bridal style until he threw me effortlessly over his shoulder. Wide broad shoulder. That felt so toned and- Okay. Getting off topic here.

"Eek! What the hell!" I shrieked banging his shoulders which were useless. I needed to do something bold to be noticed. Since I was so tall my body loomed over on both sides. I noticed we were walking through a familiar part of the forest and it was about 1am in the morning with the moon scattering grey light through the canopy of rain trees. The setting was sinister and gloomy like something straight out of a horror movie. Oddly enough I loved it.

"Put me down!" I giggled when he prodded my sides making me squirm since I was ticklish all over it was practically my major weakness in life.

"We're nearly there."

"I'm serious Ryder!" I tried to keep my tone serious before I let a series of laughter smacking his butt a few times.

"Quit groping me Taylor," I could sense his smirk all the way from the back.

My mouth hung open when I tried to twist my body to look at him making my hair whip straight into my mouth." I-I was not!" I splattered most of it out tasting the hair spray. Yuck.

"Er- you were spanking me then, I didn't know you liked it kinky though," he chuckled deeply I felt his whole body vibrate.

"Shut your mouth if you know what's good for you," I couldn't think of any other comeback. I was glad he couldn't see my cheeks that turned a bright crimson red.

Slipping me down slowly my dress hitched higher than normal exposing a lot of my tanned long legs that I was feeling majorly self conscious towards. But being the gentleman I was discovering him to be,he smoothed my dress down for me running his hands  against the curves of my body making me tingle inside with butterflies that were swarming wanting to explode.

His bright eyes never leaving mine making me swoon with nervousness at the change of events and how much I was liking this kind and gentle side to him rather than the usual jerk he could be. I swear, we were both bipolar.

"Is this the part where you chop my body to bits and leave me here to die?"

Shooting me his signature jocund smile with dimples poking through on each sides of his cheek. I wish he smiled more around me. It was such a good look on him and I would never get tired of seeing it. Spinning me by the waist, his hands left making me feel bare again.