Chapter 3 "Afterrmath."

Indifferent-adjective- having no particular interest or sympathy; unconcerned.

"How was your day girls?" My mom says as we walk in.

"Awesome! One of our teachers had a mental break down." West chirped on the way couch.

"This really happened?" My mom asked me knowing West had a tendency to over exaggerate. I nod my head and sit next to West. "Wow. That's um. That's definitely something. So what gonna happen now?"

"We're getting a new teacher. Maybe it will be a young teacher fresh out of college waiting to fall in my arms." West says squeezing a pillow. My mom and I share a look. "What? You guys are killing my imagination let a girl live a little." She pouted turning on the tv.

-
"Ok Binali, how do you feel about this new teacher?" My psychiatrist, Lisa, asked. I sigh and roll my eyes.

'I don't care about it.' I write on the whiteboard.

"What if he isn't as sensitive about your... quietness."

'That's their problem. I'm not gonna say a word.'

"Westly isn't gonna be there forever to defend you. Sooner or later, you'll have to speak for yourself."

'I CAN speak for myself. I just don't want to.'

"And I understand that it's just that I want you to succeed in life. You can't have a boyfriend, if you won't speak to him."

'I don't need a man, to define me.'

"Yes, I know that Binali. It's just that dating is apart of the high school experience. I don't want you to miss out on that."

'I'm not missing out on anything. I always hear people complaining about relationships.'

"But-" the alarm goes off meaning the end of our session. "Oh. We'll continue this in two weeks. See you then." She says scribbling on a notepad.

*
Hello class. I'm your new teacher, Luis Martin. You can call me Mr. Martin and that's it." He said, setting a briefcase down. What's his problem, I scowl. "Okay attendance." He went through the list. "Binali Lewis"

"She's here!" She chirps. I raise my hand.

"Westly Martinez."

"Here."

"Are you Westly or Binali?"

"I'm Westly she's Binali." He puts down his list and leans on his desk.

"Is there a reason you're answering for her?" He asks.

We give each other a look. She laughs. "Well yeah. I'm her best friend."

"That doesn't give me an answer."

"Did no one tell you?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I like to learn about my students through experience, not through a paper."

"She's mute. Has always been. Everyone knows this."

"I don't like that tone you're using young lady."

"Well, I-" I put my hand on West. "Sorry for the tone, Mr. M." She says with a smirk. I suppressed my smile, I love my best friend. He scowled but continued on with the list.

"Alright. Your last teacher was about to start a project. I will continue that. And I will be making the groups. A groan came from the class. Mr. Martin pulled out a basket and started pulling out names.

"Binali and Blake." Did I hear that correctly?

"Excuse me Mr.M, what did you say?" West asked.

"Binali and Blake is there a problem?"

"Yes actually, Binali is always partnered with me."

"Well too bad. Blake is her partner." We all look across the room at Blake. He smirks and does a little wave. I look at West.

"Sorry you're on your own," she says patting my hand. I scowl and glance at Blake, who's staring right at me. I frown further and turn away. The annoying asshole is gonna ruin my grade.

"Alright class, find your partner and start planning."Mr. Martin said before going to his computer. I sigh and trudge over to the desk in front of him. Blake puts his head on his hand and tilts his head giving a smirk.

"Why so glum?" He said poking my cheek. I slapped his hand away. "Ooh feisty. I guess you're not as sweet as a thought. Aren't you an enigma." I look down at our paper. "Use your words MG." MG? What the hell is he talking about?  "You look confused, whatever could it be?" I roll my eyes and start to write on the paper. "Here give me your phone." He said, holding his hand out. I narrow my eyes at him. "Don't give me that look, I'm giving you my number." I hand him my phone after a moment's hesitation. "Alright, tomorrow night my house, we can work on the project." He says with a wink before getting up. "Later MG." He says as the bell rings.