Chapter 40"A small party."

"West, did you see her? She was glaring at me the whole time!" I exclaim.

West giggled, "she's obviously not that important to Blake. He was barely paying any attention to her."

"Well yeah but still, she's a music video goddess and I'm well boring."

"Don't make me burn you with this curling iron." West threatened. I glanced at her in the mirror, she was actually serious! "You, Binali Lewis, are anything but boring. If I here that come from your mouth again you'll have a curling iron shaped burn mark on your forehead."

I laughed at her, "okay I won't say that. But did my parents have to make this big fuss. I haven't even gotten my letter yet. They could have been acting nice."

"Binali shut up. You're good at this, most likely the best your age. So of course they want you!"

I sigh. "I guess..."

"Anyways so when's your next date with Blake?"

"My next what?!"

"Dude don't even act surprised. You're starting to spend more time with Blake than you do with me. "

"I do not. We're just friends jeez."

"No you're not. Stop lying to yourself. You like him and he likes you. Plus you've been on multiple dates."

"When?!"

"The carnival, the park, your house, his house. You had a lot of dates and don't lie."

"Those were not dates! We were just hanging out!" I exclaim

"Mmm. No. Dates."

"No-"

"Dates." She interrupted.

"But-"

"Dates." She sings. She goes back to curling my hair. "You better act quick before that video girl sinks her claws into him. The boy is not blind you know."

"Thanks for your vote of confidence."

"It was just a reminder that he's not gonna wait around forever."

I sigh. "I hate when you're right."

"You may hate it but I love it." She wiggles her eyebrows then puts down the curling iron. "Okay you're done."

"Girls!" My mom yelled.

"We're coming!" West yelled back. "One more chance to wear that red dress I got you." She said with a big smile.

"I will when you buy the rest of it."

"One can dream... alright let's go show the people what they came for. Me! I mean you... let's just go now." She said. I shook my head at her and walked out my room.

"Werido." I mutter.

"There she is. Binali come say hi to grandma." My mom grabbed me and pulled me away as soon as I walked off the stairs.

Well won't this be fun. Note the sarcasm and silent tears.

-

We wave to the last family members trailing through the doors. I fall on the couch and close my eyes. I hate parties.

"Move over." Blake said. Wait a minute-Blake is still here?!?! I quickly sit up and see Blake standing there with a slight smirk on his face. He sits down next to me. "Tough crowd tonight, but your family seems pretty cool." He said.
My mind is blank, why can't I find someone reply. It's not even a question! Okay new plan: sit there and try to not freak out.
"Your grandma definitely has spunk. I see where you get it from." He says with a slight laugh. He looks at me and sighs. "Look MG I'm throwing you some bones here, I know you're stuned by my charming looks but at least roll your eyes or something.

I scoff. "I am not stunned by your charming looks."

"So you do think my looks are charming." He smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"I was just repeating your description of yourself."

"It's okay to admit it, I won't mind."

I roll my eyes again. "I wouldn't want to inflate your ego. You'll float away." He laughed.

"Alright, I'll give you that. Oh I almost forgot I have two tickets to our favorite band. Wanna come?" He said holding up the tickets. I snatched the tickets from his hands.

"No way! You actually got them?! I hear their concerts are amazing!" I squeal. Then music video girl pops into my head running my good mood. I hand back the tickets. "Won't your music video girl be upset you're going to a concert without her."
He gave me a confused look before realization set in. He chucked and shook his head.

"Let me savor this moment." He muttered with a shake of his head.

"Glad you found it funny. " I say while getting up. He grabbed my arm and stood up.

"No. Wait. Okay what I find funny is that I, Blake Howards, have made you, Binali Lewis, jealous." He said confidently. I pull my arm out of his grip.
"I am not jealous!" I defend.

"Wifey I hate to break it to you, but you're jealous."

"I am not!"

"Alright, alright." He grabbed my hands and pulled me closer.

"What are you-"

"Binali, the 'music video girl's you're talking about is just a family friend her name is Stella."

"She looked like more then a friend when she was throwing herself at you." I mumble with a frown. He let out another laugh.

"She has a little crush on me, I've noticed. It will go away on its own." He says. My frown deepens. "Hey come on now wifey, don't frown. "

"I'm not frowning. It's whatever I don't really care. Are you gonna let go now?"

"Not until you stop frowning. Come on what will it take?"

I roll my eyes and flashed a smile. "Now will you let go?"

"That was fake. I want a real one."

I keep my face flat then he smirks, "I have an idea." He says. I give him a confused look. He let go of me then attacked me with a tickling.

"Blake!" I yelled out in surprise. Uncontrollable laughter bubbled from me as I tried to smack away his hands. He laughed and backed off.

"There's that smile I've been looking for." He said giving me a smile. I tried to frown at him but the affects of the attack still lingered. "It's a beautiful smile, you should show it more often." He said softly.

"Uh thanks. I should be helping with the clean up and my mom will complain the whole week if I-" I started to ramble he cut me off by kissing me.
My mind went blank, it was as if he flipped a switch and made my world make no sense.
Why is he able to do this to me?

Author's Note
Heyyy it's meeee, the procrastinating updater. Did you miss me? So because its been a long time, I made this update a little bit longer.
You're welcome, I take cash no credit or checks.
I jk. I'm a writer I need food and booze.
Jk again I just need food. (Send cheeseburgers)

Annnyyyways I hope you enjoyed

Xoxox
drMischievous