Chapter 44"Grief."

Today makes 5 years, I can't believe it's been this long. At first time barely moved, it was like it was slowly trying to suffocate me.
The world around me lost its color, it moved slowly and sounded distorted.
Everyone did what they could to try and save me, but I didn't want to be saved.
It took everything in me to even breathe.

"Nali? Hey, your parents wanna know if you're coming, they're leaving now." West ask softly, breaking up my thoughts.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm ready let's go."

"You're still in your pjs. Are you sure you want to go?" West said worriedly.
I look down at my clothes and realized she was right.

"Yes I do, let me just find my dress." I looked around, where did I put that stupid dress.

"Nali it's behind you." West went to grab it. "If you don't go, it's okay you know. It doesn't mean that you didn't love Kara." She said before handing it to me.

"West I want to go. I miss her, and this is the only way I get to see her." I say before stepping into the bathroom.

"Yeah but-" she sighs. "Every time you go, you're depressed after."
I come out of the bathroom dressed, and frown at her.

"West, I'll be okay. This time is different. I'm better now." I say confidently.

"Okay, I believe you. You ready now?" West asks. I nod my head and grab my bag.

"Hey so you wouldn't be mad if I invited Blake right?"West said as we were about to leave. I quickly turn to face her.

"West you didn't. How am I supposed to explain all of this?"

"I thought he would comfort you or something." West opened the door before I could reply and Blake was standing there.
Blake smiled at me when he saw me, and handed me the lilies-Kara's favorite. It took everything in me not to burst into tears at the sight of it.

"Uh West told me to bring these, do you not like them?" Blake questioned when he saw my eyes water up.

I shake my head and sniffle, "No, they're perfect. Thank you." I mange to get out.

He pulls me into his arms, "What's going on?" He asks softly. "Why are you crying like this?"
I was a bit caught off guard by how soft and caring he was be. It wasn't the Blake I was used to. I bury my face in his shoulder.

"We're uh, we're going to visit my sister, Kara." I say softly.

"Then why...oh. I'm sorry Binali." Blake said, hugging me tighter. West must have mouthed something to him.

"Your parents are waiting for us Nali." West said patting my back. I nod my head and pull away from Blake.

"I'm sorry I got my make up on your shirt." I say to Blake, trying to rub it off.

"It's okay, I can wash it later." He replied grabbing my hand. "Let's go they're waiting on us." He led me out to the car.

The car ride was quiet, my parents talked softly up front and West was on her phone, Blake had his arm around me and I leaned my head against him and watched him play some game..

The car stopped and my parents looked back at us, we're here.
"Binali, we'll go out first then you can go. Take your time, there's no rush." My mom said softly. My parents got out of the car leaving the three of us.

Blake and West continued what they were doing, I thought of what I was gonna say.
My mom tapped on my leg and gave me a sad smile. "Take your time sweetie." She murmured.

I got out the car and went to sit in front of her grave. I let out a sigh and pick up one of the flowers.
"This year has been...strange. But a good strange, it's been good for me. You would agree." I sigh again and pick off one of the petals.
Then I begin to say everything, everything I couldn't say to Blake or West.
But if anyone was listening in on it all they would hear was the crying of a little girl who missed talking to her big sister.

I started to noticed that I began to rain, it was only a trickle and it didn't bother me.
Blake kneeled next to me and placed the flowers on the gravestone.
"Your mom said come into the car, there's gonna be a storm soon."
I nod my head and sniffle, Blake puts and arm around me.
"Come on, before the downpour starts."

I slowly got up and took one last look then turned to the car.
I stayed silent as we drove home and just let the hot tears run down my face.

Author's Note

I would just like to thank you guys so much for all your comments and votes. Your comments always make my day and make me smile. It's always a big motivator for me to keep pushing out chapters, this story will sadly be ending soon, 10 more chapters at the most.
I hope you enjoyed reading my story as much as I love writing it.

Xoxoxo
drMischievous