Bucky Barnes x Reader

Up next: Avengers x Sick Reader

Later: Clint Barton x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  As Bucky held me, I said,"Hey, Buck, it's your turn."

  Bucky didn't respond to me, and I waved a hand in front of his face.

  He blinked, and then he looked at me saying,"What did you say, Y/N?"

  "Nothing. Do you realize that you've only gone once in the past thirty minutes? I've basically been playing Connect Four by myself."

  Bucky sighed and held me tighter,"I'm sorry, Y/N."

  I rubbed his right arm saying,"It's okay, Buck. I have no life, so I found it to be very entertaining."

  Bucky chuckled, before he became quiet.

  I looked back at him and said,"What are you thinking about? Like right now, what are you thinking about?"

  Bucky looked away from me saying,"I was thinking about the little things that I can remember from before I became what I am."

  I asked him,"What are you, Bucky?"

  Bucky replied,"I'm a terrible person. That's what I am, Y/N, and I don't-"

  I covered his mouth saying,"If you're about to say what I've heard you say so many times before, then don't. Buck, you're not going to break up with me, just because you think that you're some negative guy that's going to ruin my life. Bucky, are you aware of how many good things that you've done?"

  I moved my hand from over his mouth, and Bucky shook his head saying,"I don't know how many good things I've done, Y/N."

  I said,"You've done plenty of good things for people without even realizing it. Bucky, you can't keep letting your past determine how you do things. You have to move on. You have to be able to breathe at some point."

  Bucky had tears in his eyes, and he said,"Y/N, I don't know how. I've tried."

  I gave him a kiss and said,"Then, it's a good thing that you have me and other people who want to help you. You're not just Captain America's partner, Captain America (when you were Captain America after he died), or even the Winter Soldier. You're James Buchanan Barnes, and you deserve the best. You deserve to be able to get what you want. What do you want, Bucky? This is a real question."

  As I wiped Bucky's tears, he said,"I love you."

  I said,"I love you, Bucky, but you didn't answer my question."

  He said,"I want to be able to sleep for just one night."

  I nodded saying,"Well, we've got plenty of time to play Connect Four. You get some rest, and I'll be down here reading."

  Bucky smiled at me and gave me a long kiss, before he headed up to his bedroom. I smiled, yet I only hoped Bucky would get to that point where he could just relax and breathe for as long as he wanted to. I wanted that for him.