Chapter 26 - The Basement

so ive been gone for a while got me a new job and all that so ive been super busy but i have still been writing just not really posting. im hoping to get back into it soon. i got the idea of the title from Attack on Titan *spoilersish* i really wanna know whats in erens dads basment i mean come on series 2 where you at! but anyway i hope you enjoy x

meand Daryl had a verrryyy hot shower and got into some of the cleanclothes Arron had brought me and i cleaned up Daryls vest, he just wasn't right without it. we went to sit down when Arron had come backand asked if he could show Daryl something. i nodded to him not likehe needed my permission but it was probably more of him asking if idbe okay.

itook this opportunity to go back to the basement, i crept down thecreaky stair case feeling the bottom one slightly loose and tripping abit but i regained my steps and continued. i moved the lighter Daryl had given me early over towards the light bulb. "still one theremaybe if i" i twisted it slightly and thank god it came on. itook my time looking around the basement, it was practically emptyapart from a few boxes here and there. i looked towards the corpse ofmy father. "how were you still alive. it makes no sense" iwent to stand up tripping on something with a jangle noise i lookeddown to my foot and saw a heavy metal chain. i followed it over andsaw it was connected to a wall and the other end...to my fathersneck. "what the fuck?" i looked in the corner of the roomwhere he had been chained, blood, stains everywhere. "hassomeone been feeding you?" i followed the smears of blood overthe wall and eventually came to a vent that was hidden behind some ofthe boxes.

ilooked up the vent and saw a light, daylight? it looks to artifical,but i cant tell. i went back up the stairs and out of the house, iwalked all around the house and saw nothing, even went thorugh thebushes nothing. "where is it?"

"howdyneighbour" i turned to see an older lady, hair dyed a faded red,wrinkles and dark bags under her eyes, she wore a plain blue poloshirt and jeans with blrown boots. she seemed familiar but i couldnttell where from, i felt a small pang in my head but that was all, novision, wierd.

"yo"i simple stated hoping she would get the tone and leave but ohhh noshe had to stay and have little chat.

"Deannasaid we had some fresh meat" she hit my shoulder lightly but ididnt budge i stared at her with the coldest stare i could muster."freash meat?"

"weneed al the help yall can give around here"

"honestlyim not expecting to stay long darlin' so if you dont mind" istarted to walk away but froze at her slow whispered words "you'vechanged" i went to turn back but she was already gone. 'what thehell was that, she knew me?how?'

"peaches?"i saw daryl coming up the road on a moterbike my eyes widend adn asmile plastered my face "you got it back?" i moved closerto him on the road admiring the bike "nah, this aint my girl butshe will do"

"excuseme? your girl?i see" i rolled my eyes and began walking back inthe house as daryl parked up in the garage next door.

islumped onto the sofa and felt arms loop around me and a kiss on myhead "this is my girl"

"damnright, hey can i ask you somthin'. do we really have to go to thatnew commers party shit"

daryllooked at me as if the answer was completley obvious, "i dontwanna either but everyones going, maybe i can find out answers therei dunno, i kinda wanna rest some more"

"peacheswe dont hafta go if you dont wanna"

"iknow i guess im just confused, well maybe we can at least check itout"