Chapter 34: Pain Part 3

Luke Hemmings

"Hey Luke" An all too accustomed voice spoke, silencing my conversation with Calum.

Fuck, we got caught.

"Nevada!-I can explain..." I try to reach for her soft delicate hands, but she briskly hid them behind her back.

"We can talk about this later. Riley saw Ashtons ex grinding on him just now. She ran outside and took our ride back to our apartment. Please. Will you check on her?" Her defined cheek bones aren't visible because of her current frown.

I bid Calum goodbye, patting Nevada's shoulder in reassurance.

"Sure thing." I then excuse myself to catch a taxi.

It isn't my fault I haven't gotten my licence yet.

°
°
°
°

"Thank You again." I force a smile to the grumpy bald headed man, handing him his money.

He gladly took it, nodded, then speeded away.

I turn to the nice apartment, noticing the front door already wide open.

Letting myself in, I take a look around. A silver refrigerator stood in between tan colored counters, also surrounding a white stove. Above it, had a shiny black microwave next to light Brown cabinets. An island table set sat right next to the tiny kitchen. The walls were painted a baby blue color, making the cloudy white floors stand out.

I find a random door once I hit the hallway, I open it and start my task in checking up on Riley.

I am instantly greeted by a mint green room with Christmas lights hung just below the ceiling. A picture frame containing of me and Nevada catches my attention.

A wide smile tugs at my pierced lips.

Extending my arms to grab it, abruptly a loud crash snapped my attention to the room next door.

Jumping to my senses, I race to the sound.

Closing Nevada's door quietly, I enter Rileys room, cautiously.

The bathroom gave light into the messy room. Several ripped pictures of Ashton and Riley together scatter along the tiled floor. The room is also a mint green shade, only posters and what I assume are gifts from her fans cover her walls nicely. A twin sized bed sat in the middle of the room with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sheets, covers, and pillows. Also a stuffed frog with a crown on his head laid beside a purple bear in which I conclude Ashton had given it to her as a loving present.

A whimper promptly came from in the bathroom.

I run a hand through my all ready messy blonde hair, tip toeing to the ajar door, pushing it slightly open.

Riley stood in the middle of a puddle of blood, clutching white pills, causing her arms to ooze out even more of the thick red layer. Her arms had an abundance amount of deep cuts in them.

I'm heartbroken to see this side of her. Especially, since she looked like the kind to be happy yet stubborn almost everyday.

'Looked like. She looked like the type. But the thing is... She isn't.' A straightaway voice popped in my head to fight over the situation.

"Riley" I say aloud, my voice cracking at the end.

She doesn't look my way nor does she hide away her arms.

"Riley" I speak again with confidence and power this time.

She turns her concealed face to me, blinking away tears, having them stroll down her soft cheeks at a high speed.