Chapter 4: Introducing

Bea Ashby:

To say that Justin and Milo got off on a good start would be a complete lie.

The next morning when I woke up, I couldn't get myself to leave the comfort my bedroom. It took a good hour to build up the courage and knock on Justin's door. And when I did, I got no answer. So, I had knocked again. No response. That's when I grew a pair and just opened the door, only to reveal an empty room.

There was a pair of jeans and a raggy old black t-shirt on the floor which was Justin's yesterday outfit and one of the drawers was wide open with a few shirts spilling out. A few pillows were missing from the bed, but other than that the bed looked untouched. It almost looked like he didn't even throw the covers back. Maybe he's just that good at making beds?

"Justin?" I had called out, but I got no answer.

I sighed and closed the door and headed downstairs. That's when I saw them.

Milo was cornered back by Justin who glared down at my dog. Milo barked which caused Justin to bark back. I jumped a bit from the sound of his voice.

"Justin!" I scowled, causing him to look away from my dog. "What the heck?" I rush over to my dog, pushing Justin away. Milo ran over to me and circled my legs, before looking back at Justin with another bark. This time his bark seemed more happy than scared. "Let's get some food into you, yeah?" I lead Milo to his dog bowl and fill it up.

Once I was done with that, I look over at Justin who was still standing where he was two minutes ago. His long hair was messy and unbrushed and he was only wearing a pair of basketball shorts and a navy blue shirt. Other than his tattoos, there were many cuts and scratches that covered his body, probably a result from living in the jungle.

"Sit," I nod to the seat at the table. Justin glares at me for a moment, but trudges to the table nonetheless. I grab some cereal, milk, a bowl and a spoon for him and set them down. I go back to grab myself a bowl and spoon and head to the table, sitting away from the man.

Justin blankly stares at the bowl and spoon in front of him, not even moving.

I sigh, grabbing the cereal and pouring some into my bowl, grabbing the milk next to add. I take a bite from my breakfast and chew. "Seriously?" I say out loud when Justin still makes no move to pour himself some food.

"Do you not know how to make a bowl of cereal? It's like the easiest thing ever."

I sigh again and stand up to help him. I pick up the cereal box, they were frosted flakes since we ran out of applejacks and lucky charms, and hesitantly pour some into his bowl. He doesn't move an inch.

Next, I grab the milk carton, but as soon as I open it and get ready to pour some into the bowl, Justin's hand comes out of nowhere and grabs onto my wrist. I yelp, completely surprised from his actions.

The milk drops from my grasp and I mutter a small 'shit' as he starts to frantically shake his head. I yank my wrist from his tight grip and frown. "Do you not like milk or something?" I mutter, going to grab some paper towels. There's milk split all over the floor. Great.

He just keeps shaking his head. "Okay, chill." I mumble, cleaning up he milk. I ignore the burning feeling on my wrist from Justin's grasp. It was pretty tight and it was like his touch left a mark on my skin, but not from how tight he held onto it. It was like his touch burned me or something. I can't exactly explain it.

When I'm almost done cleaning up, Jennifer, dad and Noah enter the kitchen. "Oh gosh, what happened?" Jennifer gasps, seeing spilled milk all over the floor.

"Small accident. I knocked over the carton before I closed it." I lie right away before I could stop myself.

I felt bad to blame it on Justin since it wasn't actually his fault, even if he scared me. Justin's curious eyes glance at me, but I refuse to meet his gaze completely.