Chapter 24: Cold bodies and warm lips

;) 

~

Bea Ashby: 

Today, Noah, Jennifer, my dad and I were all seated together in the living room where caterers served us different types of dishes that Jennifer and dad would pick for the wedding.

Jennifer scrunches her face, pushing away the slice of cake. "Way too much cream." She says, wiping the side of her mouth with a napkin. 

"Agreed." We all say in unison, pushing away our own plates. 

That last slice of cake we had tasted like nothing, but cream. It was all too much for me, personally. We've been sitting here for the past couple of hours, taste testing desserts and I felt like I was going to throw up. 

A caterer returns with a new slice of cake, this time, a chocolate slice drizzled in some sort of slice, topped off with a bit of cream and something red gushing from the inside. "Chocolate cake with cream, a chocolate drizzle and a strawberry drizzle filling with bits of strawberries on the inside." He says, placing everyone a plate in front of them.

"Oh no," I groan, shutting my eyes closed. I want to eat it, but I can't! It's too much. I'm stuffed from desserts and I think if I even continue to look at it I might just throw up.

"I want to eat it," Noah whines, lifting his fork up, but he simply drops it back onto his plate. "Why must this be so difficult?" Jennifer waves him off, "Oh don't be so dramatic." She says, but I can see that she is also tired and full from all of this taste testing.

"One bite." Noah pushes himself, eating the forkful of cake. "Shoo guuudd." He manages to mumble with the cake in his mouth.

I snort at the sight of a chocolate and red strawberry filling dripping down the side of his mouth. I toss him a napkin which falls into his lap. He picks it up and starts to wipe his chin. "It's too messy." 

"I agree with Bea on that," Dad says. "But it is very tasty." 

Noah shovels another mouthful of cake into his mouth, giving him a thumbs up. "I want to marry this slice of cake." 

We all look at him and Noah's eyes widen before he looks away, grumbling something incoherent to us about the cake. 

Dad chuckles, "How about we focus on our wedding first and then we can start plans for Noah's marriage with his, um, slice of cake." 

Noah just nods, giving my dad two thumbs up again as he chews his food. I chuckle, shaking my head at him.

We hear footsteps emerging from upstairs and coming down the steps and soon enough, Justin has appeared in the living room. The staff notices him and everyone discreetly takes a step back, making me scowl. 

"He doesn't bite, you know," I say out loud, not caring whatsoever if I would get in trouble for saying that to them. 

Everyone just nods, a little embarrassed by their actions and resume to their work on bringing in more food or taking away our plates.

Justin doesn't say or acknowledge any of it as he moves away and disappears into the direction of my dad's office which probably means Mr. Lawfeld would be here soon for his tutoring session. He hasn't been here for a while since before Justin's isolation, but now he's back again. Justin hasn't been talking so they are mostly just working on writing, according to dad.

"So, are you guys going to buy Justin a tux for the wedding?" Noah asks out of nowhere.

Jennifer and dad send each other a look.

Dad adjusts his tie, sitting up straight. "Uh actually... we haven't quite decided whether or not Justin should come..." He trails off. "I want him to be there, but I don't think it would be best for him if everyone just attacks him like last time."