Chapter 13: Trouble

Bea Ashby: 

School starts in two days.

I've been sulking since three days ago when it finally hit me that I would have to be returning back to school for another dreadful year. Fortunately, my last year.

Justin wouldn't be joining an actual school. Dad said he'll be home tutored and start an extra circular activity. For the past few weeks, he's been in the basement, working out in the built in gym.

The rule was to not go down there when he was training so I wouldn't see Justin for hours on day due to this. But in the evenings, we would practice his spelling and morning walks. 

A knock on the door captures my attention and I look up from my book, "Come in." 

The door opens to reveal my dad. "I got a call from Dr Ramone, I need to go. I won't be long, can you handle being alone with Justin for about an hour?" Dad rushes. It's not like I haven't done it before so I tell him it's okay. 

"He's in his room, call me if something happens." He says before leaving. A second later, he ducks his head back in. "Oh and let Justin know I'm out, will yeah?" Then he's gone.

When I hear my dad reach the last step and leave the house, I close my book. Sighing, I swing my legs over the bed and stand up. Walking over to Justin's room, I knock on the door. 

Hearing Justin mutter a low, "Yes?" I enter the room.

He's sitting on the floor, a notebook out in front of him. His hair is falling in front of his face as he scribbled letters onto the notebook.

Walking over to him, I take a seat on the ground with him. Peering over at the paper, I see he's trying to writing a sentence. My name is Justin. It said, but he spelt 'my' wrong by writing 'mi'. 

"You made a mistake," I murmur and he frowns, looking at the page. Looking up, he hands me the pencil and I fix his mistake. Justin takes the notebook back, closing it shut and slipping it back into his bag. He slips his bag underneath his bed. After informing Justin that my dad left, but would be back soon, Justin stands up. "Yucky," He says, running his hand through his hair.

He walks to the bathroom, closing door shut and I hear the water start. Standing up, I leave his bedroom so he could shower in peace.

Heading back to my room, I pick my book back up and read for another forty minutes. There are footsteps outside of my room until I hear a knock on my door.

Hesitantly, I open the door to see Justin. He's fresh out of the shower, sporting a pair of sweat pants and a black t shirt and sweater. His hair is pushed back from his face, dripping a little. "B-bea come J-justin in?" He questions curiously.

My lips part and I am unsure how to answer. "Go where?" I decide to ask.

He doesn't say. Instead, he turns on his heel and makes his way for the stairs. Shrugging my shoulders, I follow him. 

Justin goes over to the sliding door and gestures for me to open it and I do. We walk out to the backyard until Justin sits down in the grass comfortably, laying back on it just like he did awhile back when he found me outside after the party.

"You want to lay down in the grass?" I ask in confusion. I didn't understand why he needed me out here. It was probably better if I was there to supervise him just in case anything happened, but still. 

He doesn't respond and I know better than to always expect a response from him. I take the seat next to him and stare ahead of myself, occasionally peaking at him through the corner of my eye.

I notice how peaceful he looks laying out in the grass, wet hair sprawled around him. He has really nice hair that would be perfect yo comb your fingers through.