Chapter 19: Invitations

I just wanted to say a quick thank you to those who wrote feel better comments in my last chapter. Thank you so much to all of you and I'm happy to say that I am feeling much better :-)) 

~

Bea Ashby:

"What is this?" I ask, picking up the invitation card that was placed on the dinning room table.

It was a creme and gold coloured with designs around the card with its own pocket right next to it. I notice seven huge piles sitting next to it with different names written out on each invitation card. 

"Invitations," Jennifer states the obvious, taking the card from me as she places it into a card pocket. "I know that, but for what?" 

"Justin's three month stay." Noah replies for me as he reads one of the cards from the pile and Jennifer grabs the invitation from her son with an irritated look on her face. "Please don't touch these." She sighs heavily and Noah backs away from the table. I'm still staring at all the invitations with a slight frown on my face. It's been three months already? 

"We are inviting everyone to come see Justin and we'll have cake, food, music and it's just to have a good time. Lots of people are also coming to congratulate your father, Beatrice. For helping this man and bringing him into our home." She explains quickly as she sits back down in front of a pile of invitations and starts to place them into the invitation pockets.

I was a little surprised to hear about this party. My dad did a good job trying to keep Justin away from the public eye and from large crowds, minus the time Noah threw that party, so it was strange to hear that they were inviting others to join us for this.

But three months already? It felt weird. It's only been three months and Justin and I have had made some progress from where we first started off. He's also improved a lot since he's first come here. His english improves everyday and he's learning a little more by each day.

Justin is sitting at the kitchen table writing as usual. He always has his notebook with him. 

"What are you doing today?" I ask, slipping into the seat across from him.

Justin just shrugs, looking back down at his notebook. His long hair is falling right in front of his eyes and I watch as he pushes it back. I suddenly get an idea. "Justin?"

He grunts in response, continuing to write. I take his grunt as a 'i'm listening' so I continue. "Would you let me do your hair?" 

I'm not sure if he would let, but it was worth a shot. The only time I ever get to touch Justin's hair is if he wants me to tie it back for him. 

The man across from me looks back at me with curious eyes. "Bea-" He pauses for a second before correcting himself. "Y-you want to play with hair?" He uses the correct pronouns for the first time and I smile a little.

"Well not play, just style it, I guess. If you'll let me." I shyly look away from him. Sometimes his eyes are too intimidating to look at it. Just the way he holds eye contact gets me all nervous and flushed.

Slowly nodding, Justin stands up and closes the notebook, neatly tucking it under his arm. "Where?" He asks and we head upstairs to his room. Justin sits on the bed with his legs crouched and his arms out in front to keep him balanced.

I fiddled with the elastics on my wrists and go over to his bed, sitting down like I usually would with my legs crossed. 

Justin stares at the way I sit, titling his head to the side. He's looking at me as if I did something complexed, as if he's trying to figure out how I got my legs to bend that way and get tucked under the other.