Chapter 9: Saviour

Bea Ashby:

Unfortunately, summer was slowly coming to an end.

That stupid idiot that's going to become my step brother sometime soon, Noah, decided to invite all his friends from our school to our place for an end of the summer pool party.

At first dad wasn't up for it because of Justin. He said that Justin wasn't ready to be around so many people, but Noah had argued that I took Justin out for walks all the time out here in New York which was true.

If i'm being honest here, Justin and I haven't made much progress. His english had improved a bit, but he refused to full on talk with anyone other than my dad. Sometimes he would actually talk instead of grunt in response, but those moments were still rare.

We came up with a schedule too. Every Monday and Wednesday morning Justin and I would take Milo for a walk and on Thursday and Tuesday he and Noah would take Milo for a walk together. My Sunday mornings were reserved for the mornings I go jogging.

Dad and Jennifer were going out for the whole day until late to give Noah the house. My dad trusted Noah and I with the house. Of course he never had to worry about me throwing a party and Noah there a party before and we had spent a lot of time cleaning up to make sure the house looked spotless even though I had nothing to do with the party. As long as we don't break dad or Jennifer's trust Noah can keep throwing parties.

I got strict rules to keep an eye on Justin meaning I couldn't exactly be at the party which was okay with me. It was a big pool party so everyone would be out in the yard so Justin and I would stay inside, most probably upstairs.

It's not like I was planning to be around when all the guests rolled in so I was okay with not actually fully attending the party. These were Noah's friends anyway, not mine.

"We're going out, will you be all right on your own?" Dad asks once again and I nod. "We'll be fine," I reply.

I honestly haven't spent much time with Justin, only when we go out and walk Milo together. Other than that, I stay out of his way. From what dad says, his english is slightly improving. Not that I would know, he still doesn't talk much.

"Okay then. See you tomorrow afternoon," Dad waves and Jennifer says her goodbyes as they both leave.

"Are they gone?" Noah yells from the end of the staircase. "Yep,"

"Sweet."

I roll my eyes and go upstairs. Justin is hiding out in his room and I almost knock on his door, but change my mind. He could be asleep or maybe he wants to be alone. I don't want to get in the way. Its better that way.

~

The music is loud and you can hear people laughing loudly and every time someone did a cannon ball into the pool.

With a sigh, I close my window shut in hopes it would help muffle the sounds. I flop onto my bed with a groan and close my eyes. When will this party end?

It was so damn loud and I just kept getting irritated. So far, both Justin and I have been locked up in our own rooms for about two or three hours on our own.

I'm much too awkward to voluntarily go up to his door and ask to hang out or anything like that.

Other than the noise outside, the house was very quiet. Almost too quiet. Not that I wasn't use to it. It's not like dad and Jennifer are always home, especially not Jennifer, and when Noah is home we keep a distance between ourselves and try not to make much noise. Plus he's always out with his own friends and at soccer practice and I'm either up in my room or with Jamie and occasionally Grant.