Chapter 41: Sudden memories

I had some time to write up another chapter :) Its very short so I apologize. 

~

Bea Ashby: 

After their argument, dad didn't come home that night and Jennifer had stayed up in bed for the rest of the day. I made sure to check in on her and Noah went up, but I knew he was struggling with his own words so I suggested he take a break and give her some time to calm down. 

The next night dad returned looking tired as ever, but regret clear in his eyes. After some talking, they decided to keep the wedding on and dad promised to be more vocal about what's going on. It was a major relief. 

It's Monday and I've been back from school for a few hours. Stretching out of my seat, I change into my jogging clothes to go on a much needed run. Adjusting my earbuds into my ear, I take a jog around Central Park to try and relax my nerves.

I take my usual stop at the tall willow tree in the park and sudden flashbacks hit me like a truck right in that moment. 

I'm wheezing over and trying to keep myself together. This is where I took Justin when we went for a run. We talked and he pointed out and named different things in the park. I taught him the simple game of I Spy and later on we had a race where I fell over and he ran right into a tree.

My hand is on the trunk of the tree for support as I was in a fit of coughs. I needed to calm down, but I couldn't. Not when I saw his beautiful smile replay in my mind and hear his laughter in my head. 

"Beatrice?" I hear a familiar voice call out from the distance. Somebody runs up to me. "Holy shit." Another voice mumble. The first person is quick to grab onto me and at that moment I feel my legs go weak.

"Call Noah!" I'm trying to focus on his voice and I realize it's Paul. He's looking at me in worry. "Breath, Beatrice..." He murmurs softly. 

~

They take me home after they called Noah. He's waiting outside the house when Paul and two other guys from their team. 

Noah steadily brings me inside even though I insist that I'm fine. I eventually calmed down, but all the guys were hesitant to let me off on my own.

"You sure you're okay?" Noah asks once the guys have left. Paul decided to stay.

"I'm fine." I insist when we get to my room. Noah nods, deciding to drop it and leaves. I head inside and go to the bathroom to take a shower when the memories hit me again. 

The night we went out into the cold and almost froze to death. Justin had brought me in here and warmed me up with the shower and we kissed. I tried not to think about it, but I couldn't help see how odd it was. Even if it was the weirdest situation it felt right.

"Keep your calm, Bea." I mutter to myself as I get into the shower. After my shower, I lay in my bed with a book. There's a knock on my door and I sit up, "Come in." 

Dad pops his head into the room. "Hey kiddo," He says softly, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay." 

There's a pause and dad asks if I'm hungry, but I shake my head. I'm tired if anything. When he's gone, Jennifer also checks in with me. "By the way, your dress is here. For the wedding," She says. "You don't have to try it on tonight, but I was wondering." She stops for a second to look at me and sit on the end of my bed.

"It would mean the world to me if you were my Maid of Honour." A smile takes over her face as she looks at me with hopeful eyes.

The question took me off guard. I had assumed that she already had a Maid of Honour. "M-me?" I stutter, a little shocked.

She nods, the smile still on her face. I find myself smiling a little too. "It would be an honour." I tell her full heartedly. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

I know these chapters are boring and short, but its just to show you guys what is going on with Bea and the rest of the family :)

-Diana