Chapter 17: Take care

Bea Ashby: 

It was finally the weekend and Jamie and I were at the mall, dress shopping for the big upcoming dance.

"That's nice," I comment on the blue dress Jamie was holding up. "You think so?" She asks, holding it up to her body as she looked in the mirror. 

So far neither of us have found a dress that really caught our attention. Grant said he would match his tie to my dress since he's my date and all and I obviously need to decide on a dress before he can shop for his tie.

I hum lightly as I searched the store for a dress. Finally, a beautiful dress caught my attention. It was a champagne coloured dress with sequins on the front from above until a bit above my stomach. My hands glided against the soft material and I smiled. I think this is the dress. 

After trying on my dress, both the saleswoman, Jamie and I agreed that this was the dress for me. Once I made my purchase, we left the shop, continuing to search for Jamie's dress. We stopped for a quick lunch as well before doing so.

After hours of searching, Jamie finally found a dress she was happy with and we parted ways so we could go home. When I get home, I quickly remove my shoes and carefully take my dress upstairs. I pass Noah in the hall and he whistles. "That's a long dress," 

"Mhm." I murmur, careful not to let the dress get caught on anything. Once I settle my dress down, I open my hair from it's bun and let it fall past my shoulders. I quickly change out of my jeans and top and into some yoga pants and a tank top.

I said I would help Justin with his writing again and this time I didn't have to worry about having my dad walking in and worrying about Justin's safety. Knocking on Justin's door, I wait until he opens it, letting me in.

"Hi," He turns to walk to his bed where his notebook was sprawled open on a new page. "Avocado ready?" 

"Ready." I confirm with a curt nod.

We go over to the seating area in his large room, right by the large window. I take a seat on the couch and he does the same, making sure to keep some distance between us.

He hands over the notebook and I go over his past work. The past few days we've just sat here and worked on our own for a bit instead of downstairs in the open. I didn't want to work in the dinning room where dad and the two other doctors saw everything when they were around.

"Okay, let's work on sentence structures and pronunciation," I flip to the new page, "Let's start with a simple one." I think over it for a bit. "Okay, you ready?" 

Justin nods, his brown hair falling back over his face. He pushes it away nonetheless and takes his pencil, holding it up to the page.

I give him a few sentences to write and I help him out with his spelling. I also quiz him on some vocabulary he's learning with his actual tutor and he gets almost all of them right. He's obviously been working hard these past weeks and it's really paying off. 

He's no longer always stuttering and he's learning how to spell and write properly. He's even got the whole alphabet down! 

We spend about an hour together just practicing back and forth until I close the notebook. "You've done good, Justin." I chuckle, glancing over at him.

Our eyes meet and I find myself looking away almost immediately, shying away from him. He clear's his throat, catching my attention. I look up and see the book I got him in his hands. "Read to Justin?" He asks, his hazel eyes a little hopeful.

Usually after we finished practicing, I would read Justin a few pages of the book and he really seemed to enjoy it. I know he doesn't understand all of it so I always stop to try and explain to him what's happening and he never fails to be amused by it all.