Chapter 12: Dislike

Bea Ashby:

"Summer has gone by so fast, ugh." Jamie complains as she holds up a summer dress, inspecting it through the full length mirror. 

Today we are hanging out with Grant and his close friend Brandon. We were meeting up together to carpool to Julia Anderson's birthday party tonight. At first, I was going to make up some sort of excuse to not attend, but Jamie convinced me in the end.

"What time do the boys get here?"

"In about twenty minutes."

"Holy shit, I need to get dressed!" Jamie scrambles to grab her shoes and rushes to the bathroom to change. I chuckle, standing up so I can smoothen out my outfit. I was a little nervous for tonight, mostly because I was nervous about hanging out with Grant again.

He hasn't mentioned the little incident that happened with Justin from when he visited and I hadn't brought it up. Hopefully Justin was cold to him because he just didn't know him. Im sure once he warmed up to him, everything would be fine.

Heading downstairs, I knock on my dad's office door. I wait patiently until it opens enough for only stick his head out. "Yes?"

"We're leaving soon, just wanted to let you know."

He smiles, "Alright you girls have fun. What time do you get back?" 

"About 12...?" I say and dad thinks it over for a second before nodding. "12 forty the latest," He says and I smile. "Thanks dad." 

"You're welcome. See you later," He says before slipping away, closing the door shut. For some reason he asked for no one to go into his office today. He had some serious business with the two other doctors and it was obviously about Justin.

Speaking of Justin, I haven't seen him all day since he's been with his tutor for most of the day.

Sighing, I wait behind the door, trying to see if I could catch a few sentences. I lean to the door and press my ear to the door. I hear was muffled talking. It was no use.

Pulling away, I turn to head back upstairs and I almost shriek when I see Justin staring at me curiously. "Jesus!" I whisper-shout, placing a hand over my heart. "You scared me!" I say in a hushed tone.

He grunts and I sigh. "My dad's in there," I jab a thumb to the door. I almost remind him to knock before entering, but since its Justin I doubt they'd mind if he just walked in. "See you around..." I awkwardly say, attempting to move past him, but he just stands in my way.

The doorbell rings and I hear Jamie yell 'shit!' very loudly from all the way upstairs. 

"They're early!" She yells. 

Attempting to get past Justin, I move to the side, but he moves with me. "I have to go, what is it?" I ask, getting a little frustrated. 

"Bea w-where go?" Justin asks.

"To a party," I reply quickly, trying to look past his shoulder. I can hear Jamie rushing down the stairs. "Answer the door will ya?" I call out to her. 

"Sure!" 

I put my attention back on Justin and frown. "Is there something you need?" I hear the door open and Jamie greets the guys. "Hey, where's Beatrice?" I hear Grant ask and instantly I hear Justin growl, spinning on his heels.

"Woah!" I grab onto his bicep, pulling him back. That's when  I hear the door to my dad's office open. 

"What's going on here?"

Im attempting to pull Justin back, struggling as he fights against my pull. I yelp as I slip and drop to the floor, grabbing onto his leg like a child would do. Why I went to that, I don't know.