Chapter 42: The wedding

Enjoy! (Part 1)

~

Bea Ashby:

-48 hours before the wedding-

These past few weeks have gone by quickly.

Everyone is just too caught up with wedding preparations which has kept us all busy. Jennifer and my dad are both in good moods and with the big event two days away, everyone is buzzing.

I was currently sitting in a chair at a manicure salon as a manicurist painted my nails. The women around me are all of Jennifer's close friends who are her bride's maids. Jennifer's younger sister, Melanie, is on my left and Jennifer occupies the seat on her other side.

Melanie came all the way to New York from New Hampshire where she lives and is staying with us. She came about two weeks ago. As soon as she came, more people started to fly in too. Our house is like a hotel now.

Different members of family and friends occupy the rooms in our house. The only room that was unoccupied was Justin's room. Dad decided against anyone staying in there. It just didn't feel right.

The bell rings indicating that someone has entered. Noah enters with a group of boys behind him, Paul also in the mix.

Danny, Melanie's son, and some other guys known as Bo, Gordon, and James who are all sons of some of Jennifer's friends.

"You boys here to get a manicure?" One of the bride's maids, Sana, questions jokingly.

"Of course." Noah grins and approaches us with the guys in tow. Paul sighs and approaches me just as the woman doing my nails finishes. He sighs dramatically, "Oh, what I would do to get pampered all day long."

Rolling my eyes at him, I stand up to examine my nails. They look really pretty. It's a light pink with some silver glitter.

Paul follows me to the front and pulls out his wallet to pay, but I stop him. "Don't get head of yourself, it's already been paid for." I assure him. He just smiles and slips his wallet away into his back pocket. "I was just trying to be nice."

"I know."

Paul has always been the nicest to me. That hasn't changed, but that doesn't mean it changes the way I feel about him. He's nice and funny, but I know for a fact that my heart has been stolen by the boy from the jungle.

Paul and I have gotten a little closer over the past couple of months. In a friendly way. Nothing more than that. He's Noah's best friend and since I hang out with Noah a lot, I've been hanging out with Paul too. After the wedding I want to see if I can set him and Jamie up together. She and her family were also invited to the wedding so I don't see why not.

Noah soon joins us up front. "Where have you guys been all day?" I ask.

He grins, "Preparing for the guys night out." He laughs and I shake my head. "We're going to go paint balling and then grab some dinner at the pub and watch the game."

"Of course you guys are." I chuckle, not expecting anything more or less.

For the bride, we planned out to take her out for a fun girls night and then to come back to the house and get pampered and play some games. Her friends had it all planned out, but I know I'm going to end up sleeping early.

The guys are about to leave and I say goodbye to them all. "Don't have too much fun." I call out to them as they get ready to get into Noah's car.

"We'll try not to!" Noah and the others call out as they drive away hooting and cheering. This makes me shake my head at them with a smile on my face.