Chapter 18: The night of the dance and new discoveries

Hey guys. I haven't been feeling well at all for the pas two days because when I came back from school I had a major headache and my neck was hurting and after sleeping for about an hour I still had a headache and I didn't want to take any pills for it (I tend not to unless it gets really bad) so eventually I couldn't take it so  I took a pill. Literally five minutes after my stomach starts to hurt, i'm breaking out in sweats and I have the chills. My vision goes weird and everything gets super blurry and I feel like i'm about to faint. So yeah.. that's how my day went. 

Basically I have some sort of stomach virus so yeah :/ 

Anyway, hope you guys are doing good. Sorry for the little pre-chapter rant.

~

Bea Ashby:

"Bea, you look great," Jennifer smiles as I make my way down the stairs. Dad is standing next to her, a smile on his face. "Well, look at you." It was the night of the fall dance hosted by Stephanie Manor. It's one of the most exciting events of the year.

"When will Grant be here?" 

"Around six twenty. We'll spend ten minutes here taking a few pictures before we go. We need to be there by seven. Also, Jamie and Brandon will be here soon. We're all going together." I mention to my dad and Jennifer.

Noah is soon emerging from his room, dressed up in a tux. He's cleaned up nicely and for once I send a genuine smile in his direction. "You excited?" He asks, walking to my side.

"Yeah. I'm a little nervous though." I admit, looking down the time on my phone. It's only 6:10. Grant will be here in about ten minutes or so. 

"Noah, who's your date for tonight?" Dad asks him. Noah explains how he was going solo this year since the girl he originally wanted to ask already got a date. "That's what you get for waiting," I snort and Noah shrugs, "Yeah, I guess."

I felt a little bad for Noah. He was obviously going to go on his own to the party and it's clear he's a little bummed out about not going with the girl he originally wanted to go with so I decide to ask him if he wants to join my friends and I instead of driving on his own.

"Really?" His head snaps up, his hazel coloured eye wide in shock. A tiny glint of hope is clear in his eyes and he looks like a sad kid who's been offered his favourite candy in a way to cheer him up.

"Really." I reply, chuckling. 

"Thanks, Bea." For once Noah is a little shy and I can't help, but be a little amused by it.

Noah is usually very obnoxious, cocky and rude around me, but for once I see no signs of any of that in him. "Don't worry about it." I reply smoothly. I couldn't help but check the time every now and then. As time went on, I could't help, but feel even more anxious.

I guess the idea of having Grant Darwin as my date made me nervous. What if he decides he hates me after the dance? Of course he wouldn't hate me! This is Grant Darwin we're talking about! He's the sweetest person on the planet. But then again... there's someone sweeter than him. My eyes trail back to the room Justin was in, studying with his tutor Mr Lawfeld.

The doorbell rings and I yelp, my phone going up into the air. 

Noah acts fast and catches my phone before smashes right into the floor. "Thanks," I breath out, still a little startled. He laughs, "No worries, clumsy pants." 

"I'm wearing a dress." I point out.

Noah rolls his eyes at me, "Whatever." 

Jennifer goes to open the door and I try my best to look as possible. When the door is opened, Grant comes right into view. He's dressed up nicely in a tux like Noah, but instead of a plain black tie, he's matching with my dress.