Chapter 8: Fall dance

Bea Ashby: 

"I'll see you tomorrow, Justin," Mr Lawfeld said before turning to my father as they walk towards the door, discussing out the session with Justin went. 

Milo was currently by my side and I was in the middle of the attaching his leash to his collar so we could go for our walk. After Mr Lawfeld leaves, my dad tells me that Justin will be out of his office in a second. Apparently they worked on a few simple phrases and tested out how well Justin could pronounce vowels which took a lot of work to get out of him since he's so stubborn, according to my dad anyway.

Soon, Justin returns from my dad's office and dad explains how we were going to go for a walk. "You have everything?" Dad asks and I nod. 

"Don't worry, we'll be back in forty minutes, an hour tops." I assure him, and Milo barks and his tail happily wags. Justin stands near by, watching the dog. I'm not sure if him and Milo actually get along that well. I don't think Justin likes him very much. 

"Okay, Jennifer, Noah, Justin and I are planning on getting take out for dinner tonight. You're going to Jamie's tonight, correct?" 

"Yep," I say. "See you later." I wave and we head out. 

Justin walks slowly behind us and I stop, waiting from him. "Come on," I tilt my head. Justin huffs and walks a little faster so then we walk side by side. 

The sun feels nice and warm and I'm glad it's not raining during the day. 

I'm not going to lie, this is super awkward. Justin doesn't really seem interest to be around me or anyone for a fact. The only person who can get to him is my dad and I know it took Justin a very long time to even trust him for that matter. I doubt he's even comfortable around me.

"So..." I instantly trail off. How do I even start the conversation? 

Do you miss the jungle? Can you climb trees? How'd you even get on the island? 

Instead I decide on staying silence. It wasn't all that bad. A little awkward at first, but now this silence is more comfortable than anything.  

We start to get closer to a coffee cart and I decide we make a stop here before heading back home. Justin doesn't realize I had stopped walking so I have to lightly get ahold of him which makes him shrug him off quickly before turning to glare at me.

I raise my hand in defence. "Woah! Sorry, I just wanted to stop you. Let's get something to drink yeah?" I force myself to speak.

He doesn't respond of course. I turn away and stand in line. Milo is circling around and enjoying himself while we wait in line and Justin looks around. He looks a little panicked from seeing a whole bunch of people around us and the occasional people bumping into him so I catch his attention, "Hey do you like coffee?" I ask unsure if he's even tired it or know what it is.

"C-coffee?" He asks in confusion. His voice is hoarse from not talking. 

"It's a drink," I inform him. When the guy in front of me gets his drink I move up to order. "How can I help yeah?" The lady behind the cart asks and I one small coffee and a hot chocolate. I wasn't sure if Justin would like coffee so I went for hot chocolate instead since most people I know enjoy hot chocolate.

The woman hands me my two drinks and I thank her before moving aside to let the next customer give in their order.

"Here," I say to Justin handing him his drink, "Careful it's hot!" I warn with a stern look on my face as I hand it to him. Justin seems to understand the meaning of the word hot and nods slowly, taking the cup from me.