Chapter 21: Isolation

Kinda short sorry about that!!

~

Bea Ashby:

Luckily, Grant was okay. When Jennifer and I had arrived to the hospital, Noah had said Grant was taken to be checked out. In the end, all he had was a broken nose. As soon as I had walked into the room, Grant started to apologize about scaring me and getting upset so quickly over me pushing him away during the kiss. 

He had admitted that he wasn't use to rejection and that he had strong feelings for me and he was just upset at the time. I stayed with him and we talked, discussing what we would do in the future. I told him that right now, I didn't want to take any steps forward in our relationship or whatever we had. If I ever think I want to be with Grant, which I don't right now because I've completely lost feelings for him, then I'll tell him. I did tell him that there was a very slim chance on that ever happening and that right now I'm in no rush to date anyone nor am I interested to be with him. 

Grant agreed to our terms and didn't seem to take Justin's dislike to him to heart. "I understand that he doesn't like me. There's something there that's holding him back to do so." He had said.

Today, I'm back home in my room, staring up at my ceiling. There were already articles and announcements about the disaster of a three month anniversary celebration. It was everywhere! 

Dad's been out at his work office in Manhattan, completely avoiding coming back home. Justin was with him. I don't know what happened, but all Jennifer said that Justin was being taken back due to anger and behaviour issues. Nobody knew when he would return or what would happen to him. All Jennifer said was that the doctors decided he needed to stay somewhere secluded for a little while and work on his issues.

"Bea? You want me to get you some food?" Jamie asks, ready to stand up from my bed.

"No thanks." I reply, sitting up in my bed, pulling my english book onto my lap. We were just doing some english homework and I was trying not to think about the boy from the jungle. 

Jamie nods before leaving the room. When she returns, she has a plate with two sandwiches in one hand and a bowl filled with some fruits in the other. "I still brought you some food anyway." She says, going back to her original spot on my bed.

She sets food down and stretches, twisting her back. "Hey, B?" 

"Yeah?"

"Who gave you those flowers?" 

My eyes avert from the book I was currently reading to see what Jamie was talking about. My eyes land on the white and purple hand picked flowers that Justin had picked from our garden before dropping them off at my floor, completely ruined. Frowning, I stood up to grab the flowers and gently place them away from our view. 

"Just a little something I got from someone. Don't worry." I mumble lowly. I didn't want to keep Jamie out of the loop, but whatever I had with Justin probably isn't there anymore. I had pulled away from him completely the last time I saw him and now he must hate me for it. I don't blame him. I was just so worried and there were so many mixed emotions I wasn't sure how I felt, but now it's clear to me.

I have no feelings for Grant and I shouldn't have thought that Justin would hurt me just because some butthurt person claimed he could have. I was foolish to believe their words. It was just at the time, seeing Justin so angry... so violent had sent chills up my spine and completely frightened me. I regret my words.

But it doesn't matter anymore. He's upset with me and there's nothing I can do about it as long as he's away from home. 

Silently returning to my seat, I grab my book and continue to read as Jamie eyes me for a few seconds before sighing and picking up her sandwich. I continue to work on my english homework as Jamie throws a few fruits at me in attempt to get me to eat. I catch most of them, but miss a few as well. 

After Jamie left that night, I went downstairs to put away the dishes. On my way back upstairs, I passed by my dad's office. The lights were on inside and the door was slightly cracked open.

Did he just decide to come back in the middle of the night? Did Jennifer or Noah know?

Tip toeing over, I looked through the slim crack that allowed me to have a peak inside the room. My dad was inside, rummaging through a stack of papers, his cellphone wedge between his shoulder and pressed up to his ear.

"Doctor Terrenlot, you need to listen to me. He needs to come back. He's getting worse just by being there on his own with only the two of you." Dad says into the phone.

He pauses listening to whatever Doctor Terrenlot has to say. "Well, then let me bring him back! He's miserable in there! The poor man was already homesick once and now you're going to deprive him of human interaction? I can't allow it. We agreed to isolation if I could check up on him and work with him. Not just leave him in that room!" He whisper shouts angrily.

"Where's Ramone? I want to speak to him." He grabs whatever files he needed before leaning against the desk.

"Doctor Ramone, you need to put an end to this as soon as possible. I'm not sure how long it'll take me to return. I'm gone for twenty minuets and Terrenlot is already making big plans!"

I panic when I see my dad start to make his way over to the door. Quickly, but as quiet as every, I back away from the office door and hide out in the living room. My dad emerges from his office, phone in one hand and a few papers in the other.

"That facility will never be home to him, Ramone. He's already lost one by leaving the jungle and so I won't allow her to rip him from the one we are building for him here. I just can't accept that." 

That's the last thing I hear my dad say before he's leaving the house, shutting the door behind him. When I'm sure he's gone and not returning for something he might have forgotten, I stand up and comb my fingers through my hair. 

I can't believe Doctor Terrenlot is trying to isolate Justin and have him live in the facility. She couldn't do that! She doesn't have the right to... right? My mind was buzzing with thoughts as I went back upstairs to my room.

That night, I couldn't fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Sorry for the super short/boring chapter! 

-Diana