Chapter 14: Anger

Thank you so much for 10k reads!! :-)

~

Bea Ashby: 

"First day back! How does it feel?" Jamie asks, swinging an arm around me. I chuckle, "Feels okay." I say, pulling my bag back over my shoulder. It's a new day and the first back at school. We were finally Seniors so it was our last year here.

It's also been two days since the little incident with Justin climbing the tree and I'm still being punished for it. For both of our sakes, I've been avoiding him when I had to, but it wasn't often since dad always has him down in the gym or in his office. Justin has been eating breakfast, lunch and dinner in there too.

Last night I felt bad and excused myself from dinner so he could eat with everyone else. It wasn't fair for him to eat there on his own with just my dad in there. At least at the table it would be them two with Jennifer and Noah. 

Suddenly, a pair of hands were placed over my eyes. "Guess who?" 

I reach up and pull their hands off, turning to see Grant smiling at me. "Hi.."  I shyly smile at him. Soon Brandon, Grant's best friend, is by his side and all four of us are walking to first period. I have English first period with both Jamie and Brandon, Grant has biology,  but I have chemistry with Grant and lunch with all three.

The bell for first period rings a few minutes after we reach our first period class and soon our english teacher starts the lesson.

~

"How was your first day back at school?" Jennifer asks.

"Eh," I reply at the same time Noah mumbles a "Okay." 

Today wasn't that bad. I was a little bummed out since Jamie is only in my first period class, but one class is better than none. Plus, we have lunch together with the guys so it was okay. "Beatrice, your dad is at work and so is Justin so feel free to do whatever." Jennifer tells me.

Nodding, I head upstairs and jump onto my bed, curling myself up instantly. It's the first day and I already have some homework assigned for chemistry. Mr McConnor doesn't waste anytime. He went  straight into the lesson and assigned us homework, also informing us about our upcoming lab next week. 

I don't start my homework right away tonight. Instead, I decide to take a nap for a few hours before actually starting my work.

When I wake up, I start my chemistry homework and occasionally send a few texts back and forth with Jamie. She was complaining about her math teacher, Mr Wilt, who happens to be one of the meanest teachers at school. 

There's a knock on my door and I yell a 'come in'. The door to reveal my dad, back from work. "Hey," He smiles, walking in.

"Hi," I look back down at my textbook, reading the next question. 

"You doing homework?" He asks. "Obviously," I chuckle, twirling my pencil between my fingers. He hums in response,"Just checking." I guess i've been trying to avoid my dad for the past couple of days since he banned me from going near Justin.

I know I have to move past it. I can't be grumpy over this forever and he'll eventually take down the punishment. I guess I just got used to being around Justin and he was nice company.

I can't help, but think back to when Justin tried to reach out to me and I had withdrawn away from his touch. He looked confused and possibly a little hurt. I can't help but feel guilty for what I did. I just walked away from him, too upset by what dad said to even properly explain myself to him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he started to hate me. 

When dad leaves my room, I grab my laptop and decide to do some research. I searched up Hamix island, the island where Justin lived for all of his life and read a few articles about it and looked at pictures.