Chapter 11: Laughter and kid games

i should be studying for the exam i'm having tomorrow, but here I am... updating a fanfic aha

~

Bea Ashby: 

There was two weeks left of summer before school started again. Today, I was going back to school shopping. I'm going out to get clothes and supplies for my last year of high school. First I'm going to the mall and  then i'm off to the school supply store.

After my shopping trip, I start the drive home. Jennifer is out and so is Noah. Dad is at work which means that Justin is with him as well. I think my dad mentioned something about Justin needing another check up and to get some updates so they wound't be home for a while. 

Milo is rushing to the door as soon as he hears it open. I crouch down to say hello to him. "I missed you, buddy." I pat his head, dropping my bags to the ground.

I set my shopping bags in my room before heading back downstairs to grab a quick snack to eat. Today I didn't have any plans so I would be working with Justin on some spelling to help him prepare for his small quiz with his tutor. 

Grabbing an apple, I head up to my room and start to unpack my stuff. The rest of the day goes by slowly. When it's about seven thirty, I hear the front door open and I instantly sit up. It has to be dad and Justin since Jennifer wouldn't be home till tomorrow and Noah got back about an hour after I came home. 

Heading downstairs, I make my way over to the dinning room where Justin sat patiently waiting for me. "Hey Justin," I take the seat across from him. I haven't seen him all day. 

I notice he's wearing a long sleeved shirt, covering up all the strange tattoo's he has. I wasn't able to ask him about the tattoo's yet. I didn't want to seem to forward about it. Maybe he doesn't want me to even know about them and their meanings so I never ask.

Justin flips open the notebook that was set out on the table. He finished learning the alphabet and now he's learning some pronunciation and starting to write some simple words.

First, I make him review the alphabet before we move onto anything else. He doesn't know the difference between 'M' and 'N' and keeps mixing those two up. He occasionally mixes up lower case 'P' and 'Q's as well. 

Once we go through the alphabet spelling and pronunciation, we start the spelling words. Nothing too difficult, just words like 'dog', 'cat', and  'red'. Justin's writing is very messy, but he's been improving over the past two weeks. I remember when he could barely hold a pencil properly. 

After watching him write in silence, I speak up. "Do you want to try writing your name?" I ask. 

Justin glances up at me for a second and shrugs before glancing back down. He turns to the next page and starts to write out his name slowly. 

When he finishes, he sets down his pencil and slides the notebook over to me so I can see. His writing was messy, but I could make out the letters that spelt out his name and I smiled. "Nice job," I look up from the notebook to see him already staring at me intently. 

The doorbell rings and I hear my dad shout 'I'll get it!' and so I go back to looking down at Justin's notebook. I hear the door open and some chattering. Soon, the sound of footsteps walking to the dinning room was heard.

"Beatrice, its for you." 

Glancing up, I frown. I wasn't expecting anyone. As soon as my eyes land on him my frown disappears. "Hey, Grant. What are you doing here?" I shyly ask. 

He smiles. "I was driving over to see Paige and I  thought I would give you a visit," He cutely shrugs. "I'm not interrupting anything am I?" He asks, looking between Justin and I.