Chapter 6: Close call

Happy new years everyone!! woo, 2016!

~

Bea Ashby: 

"Beatrice, we'll be back around two!" Dad yells from downstairs. 

"Okay!" I shout back as I rummage through my things. 

I'm currently in the middle of organizing my closet. It's so messy in here, I have too many clothes! 

"Whatcha doing?" Noah's annoying voice is heard from my doorway.

"Get out of my room, Noah." I don't even bother looking back as I pull a few racks of shirts from my closet and drop them onto my bed. 

Instead of leaving, Noah jumps onto my bed and I turn to cross my arms over my chest as he makes himself comfortable on my bed, putting his arms behind his head and locking his ankles. "Nah, I'm good." 

I pick up bunched up t-shirt from the floor and chuck it at Noah, hitting him right in the face, "Leave." 

"No," Noah grumbles annoyingly, pulling my shirt off his face. "I'm bored." 

"That's not my problem, now leave. I'm busy cleaning out my closet." 

Noah huffs, jumping off my bed. He walks to my door before turning back around. "Are you spending today with Justin?" 

"Probably," I mumble, looking back over at my closet. I pull out a yellow top I haven't worn in forever and toss it to the floor in the pile of clothes I planned on giving away. 

"I think Vince said you guys were going to go swimming? Good luck with that." He laughs and I roll my eyes. 

"I don't even know how you're going to do that," Noah continues walking out the room and I huff. He knows I can't swim and he likes to mention it whenever he can. 

Growing up I hated being in the water, but my dad doesn't know that. He actually thinks I can swim and I haven't told him that I skipped all my swimming lessons when I was younger. 

After two very long hours of cleaning out my closet and bedroom, I go downstairs and call Jamie. When she doesn't answer, I huff and put my phone back into my pocket. She must be at tennis practice. A few seconds later, my phone buzzes and I pull it out thinking it's Jamie calling me back. 

It's not. Instead, it's my dad. "Hey dad," 

"Hi Beatrice. Justin and I are on our way back right now. He isn't feeling very well so it looks like you guys are going to have to hold back from your swimming day. Is that alright?" 

 I let out a sigh of relief. "Of course," I reply smoothly. 

Dad bids me a goodbye and I hang up, skipping upstairs. Ten minutes later I hear the front door open and the sound of my dad's keys jiggling as he walked. "Bea! Noah! We're back," Dad yells. I slip off my bed and walk down the stairs. 

Justin is making his way up, stomping as he does so. Our shoulders brush harshly, but he doesn't even look back as he makes his way up the last few steps and goes straight to his room, shutting the door close with a loud 'bang!'

I raise an eyebrow at my dad and he sighs, rubbing his temple. "Justin didn't take the check up too well... we stopped by the office today too. They needed to check up on his behaviour which he didn't like. He threw a tantrum so we had to calm him down. It wasn't too good and now he's grumpy." 

Slowly nodding, I start to make my way upstairs. I'm about to enter my room, but instead, I press my ear against Justin's door. I don't hear anything at first, but then I hear some low incoherent mumbling from the other side of the door from Justin.