Chapter 29: Christmas surprise

Bea Ashby:

"Merry Christmas!"

My family was currently sitting around the large Christmas tree, everyone dressed up in their Christmas pyjamas.

Jennifer had on the red and white pyjamas pants and matching top dotted with white polka dots and a little santa hat on her head while my dad was dressed in plaid pyjama pants with a top that had little christmas trees on it. 

Noah and I were both wearing matching christmas onesies of reindeers and Justin surprised us all by wearing his Christmas pyjamas with the matching santa hat.

We all opened our gifts together and eventually it was time to show Justin his gift. 

Dad lead us all to the secret room and I look back behind myself to notice that Justin was walking slowly behind with Noah by his side. He looked somewhat confused. I think the whole morning was just a little overwhelming for him since this is something he's new to.

Pushing the doors open, we all walk inside the very large room and Justin looks up at the tall walls in amazement. One of the biggest rooms in this house was transformed just for him.

He tilts his head to the side. "What is?" 

"It's a rock climbing wall! Now you can climb all you want." Dad grins, picking up some gear used for the activity. 

A smile etches onto my face as Justin looks up at the wall in amazement. "Thank you." Justin whispers at all of us and dad shakes his head. "Not my idea," He points over at me. "All hers." 

A deep blush coax's my face and I smile, trying to keep my cool.

Justin surprises us all when he pulls both my dad and I into a big hug. 

He whispers a small 'Thank you' and soon we are moving out the room and back to the living room where dad announces that there's one last gift that would be presented later on tonight after dinner. 

~

Dinner comes by and the dining table is filled with a big feast. Lots of food covered the table and the room was heavily decorated to perfection with Christmas decoration.

"Snow's really building up out there," Dad whistles as he takes a peak out the frosty window. "I wouldn't be surprised if we got stuck in here." He laughs.

"Vince, when are you going to tell us about the last surprise?" Jennifer questions, asking the question for us all. 

We've all changed out of our pyjamas at this point and we were all dressed in something more appropriate for dinner. I glance at my father who was now sitting at the head of the table with a knowing smile on his face.

He pushes his seat back, excusing himself for a second, leaving us all anxious and ready to know the surprise gift.

Christmas music plays in the background and I try to focus on the music instead of my thoughts. I myself was curious about this surprise gift.

Glancing over at Justin, I notice how calm he looked as he kept his eyes on the table. Jennifer and Noah are in their own conversation so I reach out under the table to cautiously grab Justin's hand.

His head snaps to look right at me when he feels my touch and he instantly squeezes my hand back gently.

Dad's footsteps startle me and I loosen my grip, but keep our hands intertwined nonetheless.

A big grin is etched onto his face as he holds something behind his back.

"How lucky am I to be spending this Christmas with my lovely family," He glances around the room. Jennifer smiles, taking a sip of her wine. "I know there have been a lot of changes for everyone here, especially Justin." 

Justin visibly gulps. "But i'm so happy with how things turned out..." Dad pauses for a second. " I was able to pull some strings and get us all tickets to Hamix Island!" 

My jaw drops open. What? I couldn't believe the words he just said.

Jennifer and Noah looked in shock as well and I look over to see Justin. He looked confused and like he was still trying to process the words that just came out of my father's mouth.

"Justin," Dad starts, "You're going home and we're coming with you." 

The Jungle Boy's brown eyes are wide. His lips are parted, but nothing comes out.

"H-home?" He sputters out.

My dad nods. "Home." He confirms. 

Suddenly, a big smiles takes over Justin's face as he rushes out his seat and pulls my dad into a big hug for the second time today. 

My mind is still trying to register all of this. We were going to Hamix island! That means I get to see where Justin grew up and Justin gets to go back to his home for a bit. 

Dad clears his throat, interrupting my thoughts. "There's a lot of rules and restrictions for this trip. We'll be going with a guide and Doctor Ramone and Doctor Terrenlot will be joining us." He glances wordily at Justin who keeps a straight face.

I shudder just from her name. Doctor Terrenlot is a bītch. 

"When do we leave?" Noah asks, not bothering to keep in his excitement. I don't blame him. 

"Next week. You'll be missing at least two days of school," Dad says. "Sweet," Noah and I murmur in unison. 

Suddenly, the sound of our doorbell goes off, causing us to all stare around the table in confusion. "Were you expecting anyone?" Jennifer questions, turning back in her seat.

"No..." Dad mutters, walking right out the dining room and to the front door. 

"I can't even believe that anyone would be out there in this weather." Jennifer muses, watching as the snow continues to fall from the sky and build up on the ground. She was right, the weather was really bad out there. There's so much snow and it's freezing cold out tonight. One of the coldest nights we've had so far here this winter.

Eventually, dad and a very hesitant person have appeared in the room.

Dad looks visibly pale and Jennifer gasps from the seat across from me. "Who is that?" Noah whispers lowly, taking a look at the person next to my dad.

I take in their figure, unsure what to make up pf the person in the black burberry jacket and thick scarf. Snow covered her shoulders and she pushed back a few strands of short blonde hair with her glove covered hands, revealing her pale face that had a tint of pink from the cold. Her honey coloured eyes search the room until they land on me. 

I look at my father for some kind of explanation of why this stranger was standing in the middle of our dining room, but I don't get any.

"Beatrice," Her voice is frail and unsteady as she says my name. I freeze in my seat. No

"How do you know my name?" I ask. I want to be wrong, but I had a strong feeling that I was right. My stomach churns unpleasantly from this woman's presence.

"I'm Isla Edwards," Her British accent sweeps through, breaking the silence that once again took over the room. She looks over at my father who was watching the two of us with a hard look on his face.

"I'm your mother." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Wow look you updated after 2000 billion years. Lol sorry for the long wait!

Things are going down guys. The Ashbys, Mayhews, and Justin are going to Hamix island and we just had a special guest appearance! 

Thanks so much for all the support :)

-Diana