Chapter 36: The waterfall

Sorry for the wait school and exams kept me busy during the two months tbh :/ 

~

Bea Ashby:

When the other's had left, Justin had abruptly grabbed my hand and lead me away from where we just were.

"Justin, where are you taking me?" I asked as I tried not to trip as we basically ran at this point. "Waterfall," Justin replied, picking up his pace. Did he just say waterfall? My mind goes back to a conversation we had a little while back about a waterfall where Justin learned to swim on his own. 

I look back momentarily as we got further away from our original spot. We'll be back before they return, I tell myself. 

I'm leaded down a narrow path of trees and rocks until we push past some leaves to reveal the open area of the most beautiful view I've ever seen in my life.

The top of the waterfall was really high up and the rocks around it were covered in green leaves and moss with the water flowing freely from the top and into the bottom. The waterfall was completely secluded from everything else, making it even nicer to know that this was something undiscovered from the world beside Justin... and  now me. 

Justin lets go off my hand and before I know it, he's pulling his shirt off and throwing it aside. And then in one swift movement, he's into the air and plunging into the water.

"Justin!" I practically scream, rushing over to the edge to try and find his figure. The water doesn't look too deep, but I couldn't tell how shallow it was. Soon, Justin's head resurfaces and he's smiling brightly at me as he runs his hands through his hair that flat against his forehead. 

"Your turn," He waves at me to come in, but I shake my head and back away from the way the edge. "I can't swim." I remind him as I glance back at the water. I just can't do it. I have a fear of being in the water and not knowing how to swim at all doesn't help. 

The water only reaches up to Justin's waist, allowing me to have a view of his bare chest and all the cravings on it. 

He walks in the water until he's up to the edge, his hand out in front of me. "I'll teach you." He simply replies, looking up at me.

My lips part, but I can't seem to form any words. He wants to teach me how to swim? 

Justin is looking at me with so much hope and glee in his eyes. He just looks so happy and I don't want to let him down. Eyeing the water, I try to make up my mind. 

My hands are shaking a bit and I feel anxious. Just the idea of getting into the water makes me nervous and the especially since the last time I was in the water, thanks to Xavier, things didn't turn out so well. But Justin had come in and saved you, the voice in my head reminds me. 

My eyes trail back to the boy in front of me. I trust him. 

I trust Justin so much that I would be willing to do the thing I fear the most just for him. 

"Please, Bea," Justin says softly, his voice makes my knees weak. "Promise to keep you safe." 

My heart flutters at his words and I try to keep myself together. I take a deep breath. Come on, Bea. It's not even that deep! 

Kicking off my shoes, I finally make up my mind as I take Justin's extended hand. I don't need to say the words for Justin to understand how much I trust him. As I look right into his eyes, I can see the emotions behind them as he understands how much it means for me to be getting into the water with him.

Justin grinned as he helped me into the water and my eyes squeezed shut as I felt the cold water take me in. I didn't care about going in with all my clothes considering I was just wearing a plain t shirt and some shorts.

The base of the waterfall is a little deeper for me considering that i'm not as tall as Justin, but I can still stand in it without having to worry about drowning. 

Justin is still holding my hand as he carefully moves around a few rocks. "Careful," He warns. I'm gripping his hand as tightly as possible with both hands. Justin continues to hold my two hands with one as his other hand reaches out to gently grip my waist.

He slowly guides us backwards into the water until we are away from the rocky part of the water. 

The entire time Justin is smiling at me reassuringly and I start to feel myself ease up a bit. "Not deep," He nods at the water and I nod as well. 

We spend the next twenty minutes or so goofing off in the water rather than learning how to swim. I learn how to front crawl, float on my back and then we just start splashing each other in the water and drying to duck the other's head into the water.

Eventually we both climb out of the base of the waterfall and Justin hands me his shirt to use as a towel to dry off. My clothes are soaking wet and clinging onto my body, but I don't really care.

Suddenly, Justin stands up and with a serious tone he asks. "Justin show you something, but promise not to tell?" 

My brows furrow, taking in the serious look on his face as he stares back at me, waiting for an answer.

"Of course. What is it?" 

He doesn't respond. Instead, he nods his head off to the trees and turns to walk in that direction. Completely forgetting about needing to go back to the original spot before everyone returns and worries about our whereabouts, I follow Justin. 

We've gone deeper down into the Jungle and I'm practically pressed up against Justin's back. He's walking straight ahead, but his hand reaches out to take mine and we continue the rest of our walk with our hands intertwined. 

The farther and farther we walked, my curiosity grew. And that's when I saw it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Sorry for not updating in so long :( I've been really busy. Also sorry about this crappy chapter. But expect the next chapter to be (hopefully) much longer and straight to the point :) Lots to come people!!!

-Diana