Chapter 44: The truth comes out

If you haven't read the chapter before this (chapter 43) I suggest you do cause this might be a little confusing lol. Also this is not the last chapter! One more to go, my friends.

~

Bea Ashby:

-Three months after the wedding-

Noah is pacing back and forth in the living room and I'm sitting with Jennifer as we all stare at his cell phone anxiously. 

"He said he would call soon." Jennifer says. I sigh and try not to bite my nails. It's a bad habit I use to have as a kid. I grew out of it, but right now I'm very close to doing it.

The phone rings and we all practically jump. Noah snatches it off the coffee table and answers. "Put it on speaker!" Jennifer demands and he does.

We all scramble to sit around the phone as Noah speaks. "How did it go?" He asks the question we've all be waiting for. 

It's a very long story, but Doctor Terrenlot, who's first name is Clara as I've learned, is on trial. 

"It's done." Dad says and a wave of relief overtakes me. He explains how Doctor Terrenlot is going to be facing time in jail.

"When are you guys coming home?" I eagerly ask as Jennifer and Noah seem to relax from the good news. 

"Hopefully soon." Dad says and I groan. I wish they would just be back already!

When Noah hangs up the phone, I flop back onto the couch. I'm going to sit here until they return. Until Justin returns.

These past three months have been stressful and exhausting. At the wedding, Justin had revealed that there was something I needed to know. I was restless at the wedding and very worried. Justin had given me no clue to what information I was yet to be informed of.

After the wedding, both him and my dad had us all, myself, Jennifer and Noah, sit down for a talk. At first, I thought they were sending Justin away. We later found out that Doctor Terrenlot was going to be put on trial for her actions.

-Flashback to the night after the wedding-

"What?" Noah was the first to speak. "What do you mean by her 'actions'?"

My mind was filled with questions and I desperately looked between my dad and Justin for some sort of answer.

"I think its best if you tell them." Dad says to Justin.

"As you all know, my name is Justin Drew Bieber, the son of the late Jeremy Bieber and Pattie Mallette. My mother was researching on Hamix Island and passed away when I was young, leaving me on the island, but the truth is, I was found only a few years after."

Jennifer gasps while Noah frowns. I find myself staring back at Justin in disbelief. 

"I grew up on the island before I was found by a co worker of Doctor Ashby," he looks over at my dad, "And returned back home. I got an education and I lived a low profile life to avoid anyone from knowing about the incident. After a few years, Doctor Ashby reached out to me about Doctor Terrenlot. He suspected that she was doing things that she shouldn't have been doing and he was right. She was doing terrible things to feral children by isolating them and whatnot. He had a plan to expose her wrong doings and contacted me. I agreed because I knew what it was like to be isolated and stranded in the wild and nobody should have to be tested on and captivated by someone to be experimented on." 

The more he talked, the more shocked I became. "So I grew out my hair and returned to the island. I studied on how to mimic 'wild' behaviour and returned to Hamix Island to be 'discovered' when the construction was happening. The plan was to convince the board to have Doctor Ashby take me into your home as a bait to Doctor Terrenlot and she took it. She saw this as another opportunity to continue her experiments. So I was taken to your home and I pretended to not speak proper english and act the way I did." I noticed the look of regret on Justin's face as his eyes locked with mine.

I felt somewhat betrayed in that moment. As if everything that had happened between us was one big lie. 

"To make it believable I wasn't supposed to tell any of you." Dad says. Justin nods, "You all took me into your home and that was the first step. I was then supposed to give a reason for Doctor Terrenlot to put me into isolation so I could give a reason and prove that she wasn't being truthful about her work. Once that was done, we would take a trip to the island where I would escape and Doctor Ashby would lose custody to Doctor Terrenlot. We would gather enough evidence to show the board and thats what was happening during the past couple of months." 

"Oh Vince," Jennifer lets out as she presses her hands to her face. 

"I can't believe this," I shook my head at the two of them. I know it might have been wrong, but I couldn't say that I didn't feel a little upset or betrayed. 

But this explained everything. The secret conversations between Justin and my dad, Justin being sent away, the trip, him running away and the past couple of months with all the secrets.

"I need time to wrap this around my head." I mutter and leave the room. "Wait, Bea!" I hear Justin call after me, but I keep walking.

"Bea, stop for a second and let me explain." Justin begs and I finally turn around to face him. His brown eyes show regret and I can tell how bad he feels about it. 

"I didn't completely lie to you about my past." He says, looking into my eyes. His hands reach out to grab my shoulders. 

"But you lied about everything else." I snap back. I don't know why this upsets me so much. Maybe because we were all worried sick about him and even my dad, only to find out that it was all for show.

Justin is quick to answer back. "I didn't lie about my feelings for you." 

I genuinely didn't know what to say. My mind was still trying to understand how all of this happened. "I'm still the boy from the jungle who fell for the girl he hadn't even known. Nothing will ever change that."

But right in that moment, even thought it sounds so cheesy, everything felt right.

-End of flashback-

I ended up falling asleep on the couch that night. 

I was asleep until I felt someone lift me up into their arms and carrying me up the stairs. "J-justin?" I groggily ask as I open my eyes.

"Shhh, just go back to sleep." I feel him take me into what I recognize to be my bedroom and gently place me onto the bed. He removes the covers and pulls them back over me after he climbs in.

I feel Justin's strong arms wrap around me and pull me into his chest. "I've missed you." He murmurs into the back of my neck, pressing a light kiss to it.

"I missed you too." I tell him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

One more chapter left!!!!! I hope this chapter explains everything and was at least a little bit surprising to some of you :) 

Thanks for all the love and support my lovelies!

-Diana