Tony- Anniversary (Part 1)

Just a warning this contains swearing

You stomp into the apartment you share with your boyfriend, Tony, angrily. Tony sat on the massive curved couch, scotch glass in hand. Seeing him watching TV casually made your blood boil even more than it had been when you walked in.

He glanced toward you and rose his eyebrows. "Hey, you're home late. Why so dressed up?"

You pulled a small gift box from your coat pocket and whipped it at him, "Happy anniversary, asshole."

He caught it and his face turned white, "Oh shit. That's today."

"I sat at Luca's for two hours," you fumed, "Two hours Tony! The waiter actually made the wine I drank on the house they felt so bad."

"I'm sorry, I just forgot, honestly," he said, getting off the couch and approaching you. "I was-"

"Don't you dare say you and Bruce were in the lab," you hissed, "You have missed seven dates because of what you're doing down there and you promised you wouldn't forget tonight!"

"I know I promised, but stuff comes up!" He insisted.

"You're ridiculous," you snapped and turned away from him

You walked up the staircase toward your bedroom, Tony hot on your heels.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" He asked as you entered the room.

You didn't respond but entered the closet and pulled out a bag. You started pulling your clothes off their hangers and stuffing them inside.

"What are you doing?" He repeated.

"I think we need some time apart. I've dealt with a lot, Tony. I have to have some self respect and draw the line somewhere," you said, your voice wavering slightly.

"Don't be silly," he scoffed. "We can work this out, we always work it out."

"It's been two years," you said lowly. "Two years. I-I think you need some time to examine your priorities. Figure out if I fit in with all of your stuff that comes up."

You lifted your bag off the floor and left the room, heading for the elevator.

"Y/N! Please, don't go!" Tony cried.

You could feel your heart shattering in your chest, but you kept walking. He kept yelling after you, and you wanted to turn around. You wanted to run into his arms and pretend tonight had never happened. You wanted him to kiss you like he always did after you fought. You wanted to wake up next to him in the morning and poke his face until he woke up.

But you knew this was the best thing do to. For you, for Tony, for everybody. As you stepped into the elevator, you heard him call for you one last time, his voice breaking when he saw the doors close. You pulled your phone out of your pocket and hit the first number on your speed dial.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Nat," you sniffed, pressing below your eyes to try and prevent yourself from crying.

"Y/N," she said, suddenly sounding concerned. "What's wrong? Are you okay? Did you and Tony fight again?"

You lost control and tears began streaming down your cheeks. "Y-yes. He forgot about tonight a-and it was the last straw, Nat. I told him we needed a break."

"Oh my gosh, Y/N. So you moved out?"

"I took a bunch of clothes and put them in a bag and walked out," you cried. "I don't know where I'm going."

"Yes you do, you're coming here," Natasha said like it was a no brainer.

"I can't do that to you, and to Bruce. You guys literally just moved in together last week."

"I'm already on my way to Stark Tower," she told you. "You're staying with me."

"Thanks, Nat. I'll see you soon."

You shut your phone and put it in your pocket, running one hand through your hair. The elevator dung and the doors slid open. You stepped out shakily and exited the building, glancing back up at it. You felt your throat get tighter and your vision grow blurry as the car you recognized as Natasha's pulled up next to the curb. Before you could change your mind, you climbed inside and were gone.