Bucky Barnes- Tension

A/N: MY FIRST TIME WRITING FOR BUCKY HANDS IN THE AIR IF YOU'RE HELLA PUMPED. But anyway, I hope you like it :)

"We're just supposed to accept him into the team?" You ask, raising your eyebrows.

"Well we accepted you, didn't we?" Tony snarked from across the table.

You glared at him before looking around at the rest of the team seated around you. "And you're all okay with this?"

"He's a friend of Steve's," Clint shrugged. "I trust Steve."

The conference room door opened suddenly and you whipped around and gasped. The man standing next to Steve in the doorway's jaw dropped when he saw you and both your eyes narrowed.

"You," you both hissed simultaneously.

****
Earlier that year
"I have a visual on the guy we've been after," you breathed, hiding behind your book in Central Park. "Nat, I've gotta go after him, this is the only lead we've gotten in weeks."

As Natasha began to protest, you hung up and shoved your phone and book away, standing up quickly. You began following the tall man a couple hundred feet away who was headed for the other side of the park. After several minutes, you discretely followed him into a warehouse a couple blocks from the park. You waited outside for a few minutes after he entered, ditching your bag and coat in a dumpster after taking what you needed from them. You pulled your gun from your waist and entered the building.

You held it up in front of you and began to follow what sounded like footsteps above you. After a little bit, you reached a staircase. You pointed your gun upwards and slowly climbed them. As you reached the top, you heard a scuffling noise from somewhere to your left. You whipped around and pointed your gun at an unfamiliar figure lurking in the shadows. They had a gun pointed at you as well.

"Drop your weapon," you hissed.

The gun didn't move, but its holder stepped out of the shadows. He wasn't the man you had followed inside. Your heartbeat sped up as he stepped into the light, and your eyes widened. He had long, brown hair, and most distinctively, a metal arm with a red star on it.

You swallowed the lump in your throat and tried to look as intimidating as possible. "Who are you?"

"Who are you?" He growled.

"I asked you first."

"You after that guy?" He asked, jerking his head down the hallway.

"I am. You?"

He nodded, "So I think I can handle this, princess."

You narrowed your eyes at him, "I don't think so."

"I really don't want to have to hurt you."

"And I don't want to hurt you," you smiled sweetly. "So how about you head on out and I'll take care of him."

He chuckled, "I don't think so."

You looked him straight in the eye, and suddenly made a break for down the hall. He was right behind you as you ran into a room at the end of the hall. You beat him inside, and pointed your gun at the man who you had chased through the park. He stood in front of a window and spun around as you entered.

"Hey!" You shouted, "Step away from the window and kick any weapons you have over to me."

He sneered and began to speak as the metal armed man ran in, and abruptly shot the man by the window in the shoulder.

"What the hell?!" You cried angrily.

"You weren't getting anywhere," he muttered.

"Well that first mean you have to shoot him you ass-"

Suddenly, the man jumped out of a window, and you ran over to look out. When you looked down on the street, you saw him smirking at you from the back of a pickup truck.

"Dammit!" You yelled, slamming your hands down on the window sill.

You turned to yell at the man who had cost you the job, but he was gone.
*******

"It was your fault he got away!" You fumed at Bucky. "That would have been my first solo success!"

"Well I was on a mission too, princess. For SHIELD, mind you," he retaliated, sticking his metal finger in your face.

You grabbed it and shoved it back down. "Don't. Call. Me. Princess."

"Well," Steve said loudly, "Glad you already know Bucky, Y/N. Uh, everyone else, we're done here."

You started out of the room, bumping into Bucky's shoulder, "Try to not sabotage any of my missions, Barnes."

"Oh, Y/N," he smirked, his mouth very close to your ear, "Good luck staying away from me."

He turned around and walked out of the conference room, and you could feel your cheeks burning. The rest of the team looked at you and rose their eyebrows, and you rolled your eyes at all of them.

"Damn, Y/N," Natasha said, walking over to you. "I felt uncomfortable just standing here. The sexual tension between you two was insane."

"Shut up," you snapped, "It was not."

She smiled, "Yeah, check back with me in a few months. I'll bet the tension will have...progressed."