Steve- Drive

"Okay, now slowly press down on the gas pedal," Steve said calmly.

You did as he said, and the car shot forward suddenly.

"Oh god, stop! Brake!" Steve yelled.

You slammed your foot down on the brake and looked over at Steve sheepishly. "Sorry!"

He looked petrified and you felt horrible. First, you'd begged him to teach you how to drive for weeks straight until he agreed, and now, he had squeezed his big Dorito self into the passenger seat of a car only to see his life flash before his eyes every time you touched a pedal.

"I can't believe you never learned to drive," he grumbled, releasing the death grip he had on his seatbelt.

"Sorry!" You repeated. "I lived in the city, I didn't need to drive!"

"It's fine, it's fine," he said calmly, exhaling lightly. "You don't need to apologize. You're learning, and learning takes time."

You took a deep breath and looked around the empty parking lot, gripping the wheel tightly. You began to press the gas pedal again, but stopped suddenly.

"This is a bad idea," you muttered. "I can't do this, you should just drive us back home. I'll take the subway for the rest of my life."

"Oh, come on, Y/N."

You avoided his gaze and shifted the car into park.

"Hey, look at me," he said seriously. "Y/N, look at me."

You leaned against the steering wheel and looked over at him. Steve turned so he was facing you completely and stared straight into your eyes.

"You are one of the strongest, most determined people I know, and I really mean that. I've seen you knock out three men double your size in the blink of an eye," he laughed slightly and your cheeks flushed. "You're usually a fast learner and this isn't coming to you as fast, so I get why you're frustrated. But you can do this. I know you can."

You rose an eyebrow at him. "Are you just saying that to make me feel better about myself?"

"No! Y/N, you're my best friend, I believe in you!"

You smiled at him, and suddenly realized that his hand was over yours on top of your knee. Your pulse quickened as you stared down at it. Steve's eyes widened and the tips of his ears turned pink. He quickly drew his hand away, clearing his throat loudly.

"Sorry, uh, sorry," he muttered. "Um, so, put the car in drive again and just take it slow."

You nodded silently and did what he said. You felt slightly more at ease as the car slowly rolled around the lot. After several minutes, you felt a little ballsier and got the speedometer over twenty. Steve smiled as you congratulated yourself on being able to stop without sending both of you flying forward, and you laughed before shifting the car back to park.

"Thank you, Steve," you said after a few moments. "I appreciate it."

"It's no problem, Y/N," he insisted casually. "I like spending time with you."

"Ditto," you grinned. "But, I insist on buying you a drink as a thank you."

He nodded slowly. "I think I'll take you up on that."

"Good. It's a date."

Steve's eyes widened as you unbuckled your seatbelt and stepped out of the car.

"Wait, what? Y/N, what are you doing?"

You walked around the car and opened his door, putting your hand on your hip.

"Well I'm sure as hell not driving home, I'd like to live to go on that date."

His face broke into a grin and he got out of the car as well. Steve put his arm on the door behind your shoulder, making the two of you so close that your chests were touching.

"Yeah, I'd like too as well." He paused for a moment, almost squinting down at you. "How about that drink now? I know a place."

"Let me guess, Brooklyn?"

He nodded sheepishly.

"Sounds wonderful," you leaned forward and kissed his cheek quickly before getting back in the car.

Steve stayed outside the car, completely dumbfounded. You reached over to the other side of the car and beeped the horn at him sharply.

"Hey, Rodgers, let's go!"

Steve nearly jumped out of his skin, but quickly regained his composure. He got back into the car, and grinned as he put the car into drive and sped out of the parking lot.