He Surprises You at Work (Pt. 1)

Steve
"Alright everyone, calm down!" You called to your seventh grade students. "Take out your history books and start taking notes on chapter six. If you don't finish, it's homework, so get going!"

A chorus of groans rang out and you smiled slightly at them.

"I know, I know, homework sucks," you said, sitting down at your desk. "But we're studying World War Two, it's exciting!"

They quieted down and began their work, and you were satisfied. You had gotten your first teaching job several months ago, and had loved every second of it. People always told you that it took a saint-like person to teach middle school, and it was difficult sometimes, but so worth it. As you reached across your desk for a stack of old essays to grade, your eyes landed on the picture frame on the corner of your desk. You always kept the picture of you and Steve hidden from the kids, but they all knew it was there. They loved bringing him up to try and get the class off topic. You smiled to yourself and uncapped your red pen before beginning to read the paper in front of you. A knock sounded at the door suddenly, and you sighed as you got up to open it. When you opened the door, your jaw dropped.

"Surprise!"

You glanced back at the kids and stepped into the hallway slightly. "Steve!" You grinned. "What are you doing here?"

Steve shrugged and smiled lopsidedly at you. "I missed my girl."

You blushed and hugged him quickly. "You're too sweet."

"MISS Y/L/N!!! WE HAVE A QUESTION!!" One of your students hollered.

"One second," you called and stepped back towards the room. "I have lunch in twenty minutes, you should stay and then we can go eat. I'm sure the kids would love to ask you some questions."

"That sounds great."

You took his wrist and lead him inside. When you entered the room, every kid gasped. Steve's face turned red and he cleared his throat quietly.

"Alright, everyone! This is Captain Steve Rodgers. I'm sure you all know the gist of his story, but for the rest of the period, you guys can ask him any questions you may have for him," you announced. "But, make sure they're centered on the war and very polite."

Hands shot up all over the room, and Steve immediately began picking kids to offer up their questions. As your students marveled over one of his answers, Steve glanced down at you and put his arm around you gently.

"I love you," he muttered into your hair.

You grinned and held onto his hand that was draped over your shoulder. "I love you too."

Thor
"Mhm, okay, well, I need those reports by next week," you said to the associate you were talking to on the phone.

They began babbling about how difficult that would be and how they just needed one more extension. You rolled your eyes and propped your feet up on your desk. You'd just been promoted at your office a few weeks ago, and since you were so young, the people you now had to boss around liked to ignore you. A lot. The man was still talking when you cut him off.

"Jeff, I've given you two extensions already. If the reports aren't on my desk by tomorrow at three, I'm going to have to go to corporate and tell them that you have decided to half ass everything you do since I've been promoted. Goodbye."