Steve- Man with a Plan

"Whoooooooo's strong and brave here to save the American Way? Who vows to fight like a man for what's right, night and day?"

Steve's head shot up and his face turned white as your voice echoed through Stark Tower. He glared at Tony, who was attempting to hide his grin behind a newspaper.

"You didn't," Steve said lowly, drawing the rest of the team's attention.

"I didn't what?"

"Whooooo will campaign door to door for America? Carry the flag shore to shore for America? From Hoboken to Spokane?"

"Oh that," Tony sighed, "Yeah, I may have stumbled across some stuff of my old man's and given it all to Y/N. And I may have encouraged her to watch your New York City performance. It's my personal favorite."

The rest of the team dissolved into laughter as Steve groaned and your voice grew closer to the common room.

"The Star Spangled Man!" You cried, bursting into the room suddenly. "With a plaaaaaaaaan!"

The laughter only got louder as you finished singing, and Steve's face was left bright red. You ran over to the couch where your boyfriend sat and skidded to a stop front of him.

"Look," you grinned, pulling something out from behind your back, "What I found."

You unrolled the poster, and Steve groaned again when he saw the massive image of himself waving to an audience with the Stars and Stripes clad girls behind him.

"Alright, alright, we all had our laugh at the old man," Steve rolled his eyes and stood up, walking out of the room.

You followed him out quickly, and caught up with him just down the hallway.

"Hey," you said, putting your hand on his shoulder, "I'm sorry if I embarrassed you, Steve."

"No, don't apologize," he replied, shaking his head, "it's just hard to look at sometimes."

You pulled out another photo, this one folded up, and handed it to Steve. "I thought you might want this."

He unfolded it quickly, and his face softened. He looked up at you, then back down at the picture of him and Peggy in his hands.

"I, um, know that one of the first things you asked when you woke up was for your compass with her in it. And I know they didn't recover it, so I thought you'd like that," you stammered.

Immediately after you finished your sentence, Steve kissed you passionately, catching you completely off guard.

"I love you," he said, hugging you tightly.

"I love you too, Steve," you smiled softly. "By the way, you wouldn't happen to still have those tights would you? I mean you wear tight pants now, but damn, those were like body paint!"

Steve rolled his eyes and started walking down the hallway, you heard him laughing, and began to grin.

"So that's a no on the tights then?" You called after him.

He paused and turned around. "I'll see what I can do."