Daredevil- Ally

Sort of some spoilers from season 2 of Netflix's Daredevil. Not too bad, but just an FYI. Enjoy!!! P.S. If you haven't watched Daredevil, seriously check it out. It's awesome.

The Devil of Hells Kitchen, Vigilante, Daredevil, biggest pain in the ass in all of Manhattan. Matt Murdock is one of many names. But so are you. The two of you aren't so different, actually. True, you worked on a larger scale than Matt and had a slightly cleaner image, but out of all the Avengers, you had the most in common with him. Your mission was to convince Murdock that if he worked with the Avengers, he could make New York the safest it could possibly be. Attempts had been made by Natasha and Steve before, but he refused to even meet with them.

They weren't willing to do what you knew had to be done. They wanted to be formal and nice and sweet. You knew the Daredevil wasn't about to come into the Avengers compound for a nice little meeting. The guy didn't even know you all knew his real identity. You knew just from studying his work and actions that he was a stubborn son of a bitch.

Good thing you are too.

You sat on the top of an apartment building in Hells Kitchen, twirling your metal batons back and forth between your hands. Your weapons of choice, another thing you shared with Murdock. You knew it was only a matter of time before he showed up. You began to hum quietly as you stared out at the twinkling skyline.

Suddenly, there was a quiet thumping noise. He had arrived. You turned around slowly, tucking the batons into your leg pockets. Daredevil stood less than eighty yards from you, glowering at you through his mask.

"You've been up here every night for over a week. What do you want?"

"To talk."

He laughed slightly. "I know who you are. You're an Avenger. Something tells me you don't just want to talk."

"Well, you've got a bit of an attitude, don't you, Matt?"

He was clearly caught off guard. "How the hell-"

"You know, I grew up in Hells Kitchen," you cut him off, looking back out over the city. "Not far from here, actually."

"I don't need a backstory, I want to know what you want."

"My parents were big fans of your dad. I saw him fight a few times, actually," you continued. "He was one hell of a fighter."

"You wanna tell me what you're doing here?" He asked sharply.

"You're a very sought after man, Mr Murdock. You're very talented, got a lot of potential. Those talents could really flourish if you accept our offer to work with the Avengers."

He scoffed. "I'm not some teenager. I know what I'm doing and I do it well alone."

"Ugh, God," you practically gagged.

"What?"

"You say you're not a teenager then you pull that bullshit line."

His eyes narrowed. "I prefer to not work with others."

"What about Frank Castle? Hmm?"

"I didn't work with Frank Castle," he lied and you rolled my eyes.

"Fine," you said sharply. "You didn't work with Castle. What about Elektra then? That looked pretty partner-like to me. Maybe more than partners. That is until-"

Before you could say anything further, he had flown across the roof and pinned you against a tall brick chimney. He was breathing heavily and seething with anger.

"You have no right to bring that up," he roared. "How the hell do you even know about that?"

"The same way I know who you really are," you snapped. "We have eyes everywhere, Murdock, even in the darkest corners of Hells Kitchen."

He let you go and took a step backwards. "So what, either I join you people or you expose me? Well guess what, I'm not a killer."

"Neither are we! Everything we do is to save other people," I rebuked. "I've never intentionally taken another's life. My team has the best intentions, and I know you do too. Imagine what you could do if you work with us."

He sighed loudly. "I'm not about to be a little sidekick for you all."

"I'm not asking you to be a sidekick. I'm asking you to be an ally. All we want is for you to be willing to work with us if we ever need it," I whispered. "If it makes you more comfortable, the only Avenger you'll ever have to have contact with us me."

He hesitated. "I'll have to think about it."

"Of course. Take your time," you nodded.

You turned and began to walk towards the edge of the building, then stopped and turned back around.

"Hey, Daredevil."

"Yes?"

"Don't take too much time, New York's worst never sleep."

Matt laughed slightly and turned to say something to you. But by the time he had turned, you'd already disappeared.

"Huh," he muttered. "That's a lot more annoying than I expected it to be."