Bucky- Don't Do Anything Stupid (Pt. 3)

Your heartbeat thundered through your entire body as you walked down the almost empty city block. You pulled the hood of your jacket up and over your head to block the wind from biting at your ears.

The place that means the most.

You repeated Bucky's words over and over in your mind, not entirely sure what they meant. All you knew that it would be where he grew up. So, you had walked all the way from Stark Tower to Brooklyn. Your feet ached but you didn't care. You needed to find Bucky. For over two hours, you'd been scouring your mind for places that Bucky had told you about before you'd left. You stopped walking suddenly. You knew where he was.

You began sprinting up the block, weaving between the few people trying to get back to their homes from work. After several minutes, you reached a rundown looking apartment building with an eviction notice splashed across the front door. You glanced around to make sure nobody was watching you and darted behind the building, looking for a back door. You found one, with a sticker reading Unfit for Human Inhabitants.

You looked around again before kicking the flimsy door. It collapsed and you rushed inside through the cloud of dust that had taken its place. You glanced up the stairs on your left and started up them, looking for some signs of life. After climbing a few flights, you heard a floorboard creak. You turned off the stairs and looked at the doors, searching for where the sound had come from. Suddenly, a door flew open, and someone grabbed you.

You started to protest, but a hand was clapped over your mouth. Bucky held you up against a wall, his hand keeping you silent. You slapped at his arms, trying to communicate with your eyes as best you could.

"How do I know Tony didn't sent you?" He hissed, shaking slightly.

"Bucky!" Steve protested from behind him. "You know she wouldn't do that."

You nodded and put your hands on top of his. He pulled his arms away and pushed his hands through his hair.

"I'm sorry, Y/N," he muttered, "That was unnecessary."

You threw your arms around him and kissed him quickly, "Thank god you're okay."

"Sorry I was so brief on the phone. Things are...tense."

You stepped back and looked at him and Steve. "What the hell happened?"

"A lot," Steve replied after a moment's hesitation. "It's hard to explain it really. I'm sorry."

"Both of you stop apologizing. It's okay. We're going to fix this. Everything will go back to normal."

They both fell silent and sat on the dilapidated couch behind them. You sat down next to Bucky and he put his hand on your knee.

"Y/N," he said softly, "I think you know that won't-"

"It could," you said harshly, still trying to convince yourself of that.

They both looked at you pitifully.

"God, I know it's bullshit," you cried, burying your face in your hands. "I'm being stupid."

"Hey, stop it," Bucky pulled you into his side and strokes your hair softly. "It's hard. We know it's hard."

You nodded and put your head into the crook of his neck, trying to comfort yourself.

"Y/N," he said softly. "If you want to be with your brother, we get it. You're family."

"No, no, I'm staying with you," you said quickly, putting your hands on his cheeks. "I'm with you, Bucky. No matter what."

Okay so I kind of really like this plot, and I was thinking of maybe making an entire, more specific book about it? Would you guys be interested/ read it if I did that? If so, let me know! I'm going to have a lot of free time over the next few weeks, so it would be the perfect time to start it lol. Thanks so much xxxxxx :))