Tony- Anniversary (Part 2)

This is a long one lol hope y'all like it

It had been a week and a half since your huge blowout with Tony, and you were still staying with Natasha and Bruce. Both of them were incredibly kind to you and acted like they didn't care that you were sleeping in their guest room. Honestly, you weren't even sure if they minded that you were there. Nevertheless, you stayed in your room the majority of the time and kept to yourself, never taking them up on this offers to go to dinner or the bar. One afternoon, you sat on your bed finishing some reports for work on your laptop when Natasha knocked on your door and peeked in.

"Hi."

"Hey," she smiled softly and sat down on the edge of the bed. "How are you?"

"I'm good," you lied.

"No you aren't."

"It doesn't matter."

"Yes it does," she sighed. "You're allowed to be sad, Y/N. You dated Tony for two years! You lost a really big part of your life really quickly."

"Ironic, isn't it?" You said sharply. "You telling me to embrace my emotions."

Natasha squinted slightly at you and leaned backwards on her hands. "If you're so steadfast on being done with him, then maybe you should go pick up the rest of your stuff."

"Oh, I forgot about that," you hesitated. "I guess you have a point...."

"I know I have a point. Anyway, Bruce says he hasn't been in the lab since you guys ended things, so he might be out of town."

"Fine, I'll go," you sighed, looking back at your laptop. Natasha tolled her eyes at you and you looked back at her. "What?"

"Go now or you'll never do it. I know you, Y/N."

"Fine."

*****

About a half an hour later, you stood in front of Stark Tower, butterflies fluttering in your stomach. Hell, it was more like elephants stomping. You entered the building, and nodded at the security guard who knew you were allowed in. Once you were inside the elevator, you sighed heavily and glanced around.

"Jarvis?"

"Welcome back, Y/N," Jarvis's voice came over the elevator speakers. "Shall I alert Mr. Stark that you are here?"

"No, that isn't necessary," you said quickly. "I'm sure he's in the lab anyway," you added under your breath.

"Actually, Doctor Banner has been the only one in the lab in almost two weeks. Mr. Stark has been doing...other things."

The elevator doors slid open and you took a deep breath. "Talk to you later, Jarvis."

You walked out of the elevator and into the living room, where the TV was playing some recorded Black Sabbath concert from years ago. Empty bottles were strewn across the room, and various glasses were on every surface. It smelled overwhelmingly of tequila and scotch, and you got a sickening feeling in your stomach. You glanced around the room, your eyes landing on a shattered mirror in the corner.

"Y/N! You're back!" A voice slurred from behind you.

You turned around to see Tony standing in the doorway to the kitchen, a half full bottle of clear liquid in his hand. A lump formed in your throat and you quickly swallowed it.

"I'm just here to get my stuff," you said quietly, heading for the stairs.

"What?" He hiccuped, his face looking like a sad puppy. "You aren't staying?"

"Go take a nap, Tony. You're drunk."

"Not unless you stay," he said, trying to follow you up the stairs before giving up and plopping down on the bottom step.

Your eyes stung and you took a breath. "Tony, go to bed."

"Stay!" Tony cried out, "Y/N, please!"

You turned and walked back down the stairs, stopping when you were on the step above him. You sat down and buried your head in your hands, not quite sure what to do.

"If you go upstairs and sleep I'll stay on the couch," you whispered. "We can talk in the morning. When you're sober."

*****

The next morning, you sat at the island in the kitchen, staring into the cup of coffee in front of you. You had barely slept the night before, and when you had all you dreamt about was Tony. And now you were waiting for him to come downstairs to talk about you. And you had no idea what you were going to say.

"Hi."

Tony stood in the doorway, wearing a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt. His hair was disheveled and his beard unkept, and his eyes were bloodshot.

"Hi, Tony."

He slowly walked over to stand across from you, and you stared back down at your drink. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"You need a cup of coffee and a bagel," you said quietly. "You look like shit."

"Yeah," he laughed slightly. "Thanks."

You smiled and began to laugh with him, but stopped suddenly and pushed your hands through your hair.

"What are we doing?" You whispered.

Tony furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"Tony, I'm talking about us," you covered your face with your hands. "We're like a hurricane, and everyone looking at us is thinking 'holy shit, how does anyone survive that.' A-and we're in the eye of it, so it's calm. But, it's only a matter of time before the storm is over and it's destroyed everything in its path."

"Don't say that," Tony said harshly.

"It's true!" You insisted. "Tony, we love each other but that doesn't mean it's enough to keep this going."

"It means exactly that! I love you, you love me. What's in the way?"

"I don't know!" You cried, slamming your hands down. "I don't know what to do anymore."

Tony was silent for a moment before he sighed and shoved his pants in his pockets. "I lied to you the night you left."

"Oh, great," you scoffed, "You're really helping your case."

"I didn't forget about dinner because I was in the lab with Bruce. I forgot because I spent all day in France getting this," he removed his hand from his pocket and put a small box on the counter.

Your eyes flicked up to him and your heart sped up, "What is that?"

He slid it over to you and you shakily picked it up. You opened it slowly, and immediately started to cry.

"This past week has been hell," he said lowly, "All I've wanted in the past two years is to make you happy. And the way you looked at me the other night, I could just tell you thought I was a sack of shit. So I get it if you say no. But if you'll have me, Y/N, I want to become your husband."

"Tony," you said, picking up the ring box, "It's beautiful."

"So, is that a yes or a no or...?"

You hopped off your stool and rushed over to him, hugging him tightly.

"Yes."

"Oh thank god," he let out a sigh of relief, and squeezed you tightly.

"I love you, Tony Stark."