He Surprises You at Work (Pt. 2)

Tony
"Please, sir, I just need a quick comment for the Times," you said quickly. "One sentence, at least, please!"

"I said no comment!"

Your posture fell dejectedly as the politician you'd wanted to get a comment from ran into his limo. You really hated your job sometimes, for this reason specifically. People never wanted to give a comment to a young reporter. But if they knew how good you were at your job, you know they'd say something.

You shoved your pen and notepad back into your bag and turned back towards the direction of your building. Your phone starting ringing as you walked, and you fumbled around in your bag for it.

"Hello?"

"Y/N, hey!" Tony's voice made you smile a little. "How'd it go with that sleezeball?!"

You sighed. "Like shit. He didn't want to talk to me at all. Now I'm going to get screamed at by my editor, but whatever. I'll probably call the guy's office during my lunch and attempt to get something from them."

"So, no lunch date then?"

I frowned as I approached my building and walked inside. "I'm sorry Tony, really I am. But if I don't get this done I'm screwed."

"Hey, don't worry about it," he assured me. "I'll see you tonight."

"Definitely. Alright, I'm back at the office, I've gotta go. I'll see you later."

"Bye, Y/N."

You put your phone back in your bag and flashed your ID badge to the security guard before beginning to climb the stairs that lead toward your office. When you reached the glass doors and pushed them open, you noticed the majority of the office staring and whispering about something. You tried to see what had caught everyone's attention, but a very tall man blocked your view. As you wove your way through your coworkers, you realized they were looking at your desk.

"Hey! Y/N!" A familiar voice called from it.

You pushed forward, and were shocked to find Tony sitting there with his feet on your desk. Everyone stopped staring and went back to their jobs, and you felt extremely uncomfortable all of a sudden.

"Tony, what are you doing here?"

"Guess what I did."

"What did you do?" You asked, leaning against your desk.

"Well, I called that politician guy. Turns out, we met at a convention a while back and he's a big fan of my work. Anyway, he wanted to have dinner with me, and I said sure. BUT, I told him I would be bringing my lovely girlfriend Y/N, and she needed an interview if he wanted the both of us to come," he rambled.

"And?"

"He agreed," Tony grinned.

"No!" I cried, jumping up. "Do not bullshit me, Tony Stark!"

"One hundred and ten percent serious!"

You attacked him with a hug and grinned into his shoulder. "You're amazing."

"Yeah, I know."

Bruce
The smell of books old and new filled your nose as you weaved through the bookshop where you worked. You were currently fixing some displays and shelving books that had been misplaced. It was quiet, and you'd only had a few customers so far, but that was normal. You hummed to yourself as you headed back to the counter and picked up the book you had been reading this week. You were so absorbed in it that you didn't notice when the door opened and someone walked inside.