Chapter 14: Mayoun

I am so sorry guys I couldn't update but I couldn't help it I had my exams and I still have one left but I have got a long weekend so I hope I can update! By the way who listened to 'Home' and 'History'? Aren't they just awesome? Well last thing a Mayoun is the first official function were we have song competitions between the groom and bride sides and dances competitions too! Enjoy!

-Peace

ZARA'S (P.O.V)

12th Nov'15

Today is our Mayoun.We all woke up a little early specially the men they had to get the whole house ready although we all told them we would help but they said it was okay and they will manage.But they should have done better at convining us cause they didn't do a good job at that so for the whole day all our female cousins except Waliyha ,Safaa ,Doniya and the fifth harmony girls and El and Soph helped me boss all the men around making them set everything up. The lounge was empptied from all the tables and sofas and the carpeted floor now haqd white sheets over them with colourful cushions over them.Then there was a wooden swing for me and Zayn to sit it had a small coffee table infront of it. We made them put fairy lights all over the house with strings of marigold. There were marigold and rose strings decorating walls,hallways,doors,the railing of the staircase and on the wooden swing.

At about 2:00 pm we went to get ready giving the boys clear instructions and warnings for if they mess up.I went in my room and and the other El and Soph went in the other two washrooms in the guest rooms but they slept in my room cause we liked sleeping in one room and gossiping until we are too sleepy. I went in my room and took a bath and wore my purple and silk robe. I did my make up simple cause on this day you don't really put on much make up so I put on kajal ,pink blush ,pink lipstick ,masscara and pink eyesadow.Once done I curled my hair and then wore my clothes. My clothes were yellow with gold.My shirt was really long and had gold designs on it.It was tight from the top till the waist and flowed down with gold designs on the top on the chest area and from were it flowed it had designs and border had gold too.There was gold design on the dupatta too and I had yellow and gold banles and the rest jewelary was made from flowers and some rings (pic of outfit on the side).

Finally the girls came and they all looked very good they set my dupatta and then I did their make up as I wanted to plus it is fun and I don't have anything to do.It was about 7:30pm and I had to go down in about 5 min.Zayn and his family along with all of my cousins were downstairs.I had El and one of my friends Arisha with me she was my friend from class 3 and from there onwards we have been unseperable she was there for me when Zayn left me she has always supported and been with mEven though I didn't meet my family that much I made sure to meet her plus a year ago she got engaged to a guy we used to study with in school Shaharyar so she moved to London were he is plus she got a job here she is a photographer.I was kind of freaking out at the moment thinking if Zayn would leave in the middle? Or he would think I am looking really ugly? and tuff like that.El and Arisha kept calming me down saying it won't happen and stuff.Suddenly a group of girls with all my friends and cousins barged in with Mom and Aunty Tricia and Zayn's sisters and that means it is time to go I thought as they pulled my duppata over my head..!

ZAYN'S (P.O.V)

We all were already at Zara's house I was sitting on the wooden swing while talking to the guys.Suddenly all my cousins and mom went away.I guess it's time.Suddenly the lights dimmed and soft music started to play. Everyone started to throw flower petals as women came downstairs and then she came nto veiw in her yellow and gold dress with the dupatta over her face making it unable for me to see her face as she looked down as El and one of Zara's friend I guess Arisha helped her down. I know Arisha cause all three of us would be friends.I stood up too as she came in while she gazed down.

The girls made her sit down beside me as I sat down.I leaned and whispered "You look really pretty!" she giggled and the spoke up "You haven't even seen my face!" I smirked and spoke up "Don't need to! To know that you look pretty!" I could tell she was blushing as she just mumbled a little 'thanks'. I chuckled. Soon my mom came and we sarted the traditions. Each and every female came and fed us mithai which was kept in a box. I saw the box and my eyes lit up.CHUM CHUM( it is a type of mithai which is a sweet in Pakistan). My mom was the first one and I guess she saw my face cause she laughed and picked one of the chum chum and put it in front of my mouth for me to eat.I was about to eat it but my mom pulled it back and all I got was a little bite.

I pouted and she rolled her eyes and fed some of it to Zara. I was still looking at her with a pout so she shoved the rest in my mouth and I happily ate it. She put two green leafs and placed each of them on Zara's hands and then took a paste which was mehndi and put it on the leaf and then took some money and waved it over head and then placed it in a plate . She took a tissue and wiping her hand she went away.This process continued and finally we were done. In the end my mom came again and raised Zara's dupatta and everbody clapped . "Okay let's starts this function!" Waliyha shouted and they all sat down.They started playing the dholak (a drum).

Arisha suddenly came with a guy."Hey Zayn!" "Hey Arisha!" I said shaking hands with her "Hey Sheryar!" Zara said shaking hands with the guy. "Oh! Zayn this is Sheryar Arisha's fiance'!" I shook hands with him and smiled "I have my sympathies with you man!" Arisha slapped my arm and I just chuckled.Suddenly Arisha's face lit up "Well Zayn I have to do this as Zara did it too but I am still serious!" with that she bent down and glared at me and I actually got scared "Hurt Zara and you will have to face me! Better watch out Malik!" she said and stood up and went away sitting and singing with the other. The rest of the function was good we left at about 12:oo with the rest after eating!