Chapter 24:Funeral

I AM BACK!!!Happy New Year guys I know I am late and finally!!! My laptop is working so here is the next chapter and I am really sorry for the delay. Enjoy!

-Peace

ZARA'S (P.O.V)

I just sat there! Just like I have been all day for the past two days. Today is the funeral and as I sit here all dressed in white with Asad on my lap and many other women including my, Zayn, Easha and Arsalan's mom. I have been sitting here since this morning after dressing Asad up. I kept taking beads from the big pile of them kept in front so everyone could take them. But honestly I am in a much better condition than Aunty Khadija and Aunty Saba. They don't say anything. Sure I am not in the best condition like I have dark circles under my eyes and you can obviously see from my expressions that I am affected but I am still talking to everyone, doing Asad's things and making sure everything is organized. People have come from all around the world Easha and Arsalan's friends, cousins and relatives.

I was sitting on the white sheets that were spread in the lounge the sofa's all removed from the area as well as the tables. We had decided that the lounge will have all the women and the all the men will use the HUGE garden. Everything is arranged for them over there and they will come through the back door and use the powder room (bathroom) near that door. Plus me, Doniya, Waliyha and Safaa occasionally made tea and took it for them outside with some snacks. Suddenly here was a knock on the main door of our house. I looked up and Zayn peeked his head in and looked at me signaling me to come. I stood up and walked towards him with Asad following me quietly. I guess he felt the tension in the house today as he kept quiet not talking to anyone. He went anywhere I went and kept following me not leaving me he even came to sleep with me and Zayn at night although after the first day he had been sleeping in his own room but last night he came to our room in the middle of the night asking if he could sleep with us and I can still hear his small voice as he quietly asked us once shaking us both out of our sleep.

I still remember his words "Mwamma Pwappa can I pwees sweep here? Onvy for tunight! " it was so cute that my heart instantly melted on his words and his cute voice. We made him sleep between us and Zayn almost instantly went back to sleep I stayed up thinking about everything and dreading the day coming ahead as I slowly passed my hands through his jet black hair. As I approached Zayn I put my white dupatta over my head as I had to go outside were all the men were. Each and every girl had to do this when they came out. I stepped out with Asad closing the door behind me.

I looked up at Zayn "What happened?" I whispered. He looked down "Uh...Um" he stuttered not being able to for many words. I raised my eyebrows and he sighed before speaking "The bodies will be here in about 5-10 minutes so you may want to handle and organize everything. You know try to keep Aunty Khadija and Aunty Saba a bit calmed down!" I took a deep breath to prevent myself from breaking down and I could see Zayn was holding his emotions. "Zayn they haven't spoken they are sitting motionless I can't do anything more to keep them calm. Plus we all know that when the bodies arrive neither of them will be calm no matter what!" I explained in a hushed voice. Zayn sighed and spoke up in a quiet voice "I know!" "Could you keep Asad I don't want him to see his grandparents like that plus I don't think I will be in that good of a condition!" I whispered the last part. Zayn nodded "Sure!" with that he picked up Asad "Let's go buddy!" instead of giving Zayn a reply Asad nuzzled his head in the crook of Zayn's neck and grasped his neck tightly.

Zayn looked at me questioningly as he has no idea of Asad's mood. He has been out and about all morning arranging things for the funeral. "He has been down all day he won't go to anyone he wouldn't speak he follows me everywhere and starts crying if I give him to someone else for even a second. I guess he has sensed the tension!" I said with a worried look. Zayn looked at Asad and raised him up a little so he could see us "What's wrong buddy!" "Mwamma wah crying!" he said rubbing his eyes. Zayn looked at me raising his eyebrows. I don't remember crying....! Oh Shit I did but it was in like 7am everybody was sleeping even Zayn. I got down to start breakfast when I just broke down. I took Asad from Zayn "Baby you were awake when mama got down to make breakfast?" I asked and he nodded his head sheepishly .