Reader x Leo || Protection

Edited July 23, 2020
AN/ wth that was just so dumb. no one's a mistake y'all. forgive my eleven year old brain, it's gone for good. sorry ;-;

-------------

It had already been ten weeks in Camp Half-Blood and you're not claimed yet. Not just that, you still couldn't sort out a certain problem of yours that gave you anxiety—Leo Valdez, a demigod son of Hephaestus. He's hot, you could tell. You were in love with him, but the problem was that you were too shy to tell him what you feel for him.

You were reading a random book you borrowed from Annabeth Chase, a daughter of Athena. When you feel bored, you borrow a book from the Athena Cabin. That turned out as your hobby.

You headed toward obstacle tower, climbing all the way to the top and finally sitting down before opening the book in your hand.

You felt a warm sensation coming to you. Fire, you thought. It was obvious that it was Leo. What is he doing here?

You thought this was a place where he wanted to be alone, but you were wrong. You felt his footsteps coming towards you until out of the corner of your eye, you saw him sitting beside you, holding his hammer.

You always felt awkward when you saw him around, especially this moment. Finally he looked at you with his warm, brown eyes. You managed not to look back for doing so will make yourself blush.

"(Y/N)?" His voice was angelic. You looked back, your eyes widening. You remained silent. Not saying a word. "Hey, didn't know you come here too."

"Well, I just thought the place looks peaceful," you said, keeping your voice low. "You come here often?"

"Mhm," Leo hummed, and after a moment of silence he grinned. "The air's not too hot here. Quite a perfect moment for my hotness to shine, isn't it?"

You suppressed a giggle, rolling your eyes.

"Can I ask you something?"

The two of you stared at each other. "Uh, sure. What is it?"

Leo hesitated for a moment, then he brought his hand to yours, holding it.

You blushed. "Leo?—"

A noise erupted from behind. The two of you turned on your backs, seeing Nico.

You almost startled at Leo leaning close to your ear as he made a cheeky grin with his eyebrow raised. "Sup, Neeks?"

The dark haired guy stared at Leo blankly, his arms crossed. "Well I was fine, if you wanna know." His eyes darted on you, then back to Leo. "Looks like you two are having a great time, but anyway, I gotta go. You know, Underworld-y stuff—"

"Nico! Get your beautiful ass down here! Don't you dare do Underworld-y stuff! Doctor's Orders!" You heard Will shout from the ground.

You laughed. Nico made his way down the tower in a hurry, which made some parts of his skin burn because of the lava. Closing your book, you stood up to help Nico, but you felt Leo pull your arm.

You turned around. "Leo, just get straight to the point cause I have to help the careless Ghost King," you told him, sighing.

"Look, Y/N. I'm not sure if I'm feeling the right thing but. . . I just can't get over it—"

"Straight to the point, Valdez," you said his last name for the first time, making your heart beat.

Leo bit his lip. "Right. So, I just wanna know if you're free tomorrow. I mean—"