Reader x Luke || Half-Blood Hearts

IMPORTANT NOTICE

So there are things you should know before proceeding to the oneshot. Demigods like you are hiding and the world is basically ruled by monsters! Yay.

Now on a serious thought, I hope you'll enjoy this one.

TRIGGER WARNING:
Contains implied violence, acts of absurdity, and mild language. DO NOT PROCEED if you feel uncomfortable already. You may turn back now and read something else of your 'taste'. Lmao.

       You ran.

       With every breath you mustered to take in, you thrusted yourself forward with full force so they would lose track of you. You knew this place. You had grown up here, lived here as if you would until the day of your last breath. However, you didn't want to die this way. A peaceful one, that should be. But here you were, getting chased by a group, a trio rather, of black hooded men whose bodies were naturally built to kill.

       The mostly gray walls of torn paint on either side were a kaleidoscope of swirls to you as you sprinted through the narrow alley. As of now, the only thing that mattered was your life. You had spent your days hiding in your only sanctuary, that small block on the third floor in a lone apartment sandwiched between a secret club for entertainment in disguise of a restaurant and a clinic that didn't actually look like a clinic.

       Everything else would have been better if it weren't for the darkness lurking from every corner. This was truly a misfortune for you; you were caught getting out of a convenience store downtown near past ten o'clock, which was the time where humans in disguise would unleash their true selves—monsters.

       Come on, come on, come on! Just a few blocks away, you at least thought of something to drive your insanity away. You were scared real bad that you couldn't even process what's going on inside your mind. You could hear their raspy voices shouting that they should catch you this instant, until you felt like the voices were fading away. However, you knew that they were not letting you go off that easily. You stopped on your tracks, studying the intersection. Where you lived goes north, the town proper at east, while the woods toward west.

       I should make them think I'll head to where I live, so that just means— you heard another shout just from afar beyond, sending you a definite alarm. Your head shot to the west.

       Without giving it a second thought, you sprinted away towards the woods.

       As soon as you felt their footsteps coming to the woods, you immediately slid off through the fence, running for who knows how long just to reach back home. The post lights were all turned off which meant there wasn't anything else casting the alleyway but utter darkness. You couldn't even tell how dense the air was as it gave you a tightening feeling around the neck, but you still jogged up the street, and as soon as you sensed no one else was around, you crept up inside, heading for the long ass staircase that seemed to molder anytime. Up you went though you weren't good at stealth; the stairs creaked with every step you took.

       Finally, when you reached the door at the end of the hallway, you immediately entered, heading straight to your room. You closed the door shut and dropped yourself against the bed, comfort somehow washing over you but it didn't remove the amount of fatigue all over your body.

       "Screw those monsters," you mumbled, burying your face on the sheets. Up to now your heart was pounding so much. This was the first time in so long; you've encountered them since childhood so you had been used to it except that now, it was so sudden. You didn't expect that they would fly out of nowhere to prey on you again. "Well," you took a deep breath, "guess the night gets better if I go to sleep."