Nico x Reader x Percy || When You Love Someone [3/3]

(A/N NOW LET US GO BACK IN TIME BEFORE NICO CONFESSED TO YOU ;) THIS IS PART 3 OF 3 )

That night in the bus. . .

*Leo's POV*

"Hey, Leo, I have to go now. You can go ahead," Nico suddenly moved to a standing position while shouldering his backpack. He patted me on my shoulder then smiled. I was about to call out to him but he already left. I sighed, resting my back while looking out the window.

"Good luck, dude," I closed my eyes. "I hope you have enough courage to confess to her." My hands reached for my bag to get my earphones when something caught my attention. My eyes were fixed down on something laid on the floor.

It somehow looked like a small, pink keychain. I slowly put back my earphones into my bag, bending down as my hand reached for the small object. I stared at it and soon realized that it could have been hung on a backpack and also I realized that the only passengers in here were me, Nico and (Y/N). Of course, it would be impossible that it belonged to Nico!

So it means that. . .

"(Y/N) didn't know her keychain dropped," I whispered. It was on my palm and I didn't know what to do— whether I should give it back to her if we met by chance or give it to Nico? I don't know.

Well, I guess I would have to wait for the outcome of Nico's confession.

(NOW LET'S GO TWO DAYS BEFORE THAT NIGHT)

*Your POV*

The cool wind swept through my hair as I swung my arms back and forth. I would have to get the bus by now, since the sky had turned dark. It was really fun to hang out with Jason and Piper. They were so cute together.

I sighed. Jason was so lucky to have a girlfriend like Piper.

"I'm thirsty again," I muttered, my fingers touched my throat and my head turned to a mini mart across the road. Since there were no sign of coming vehicles I crossed the road. Finally, I reached the doors and pushed them, my eyes darting towards the beverages area.

*Percy's POV*

"Aw damn it!" I furrowed my eyebrows while my fingers pressed aggressively on the screen, my eyes so near to the screen. My chin rested on the counter table. I had been playing this stupid game for hours and yeah, I got a part-time job. I applied for a cashier at a mini mart and I signed for night shift since school was hella from morning to afternoon. I rubbed my eyes, restarting this stupid brick game.

My ears alarmed a bit since the wind chime made a sound. It only meant the doors opened and a customer entered.

Should I greet? Maybe not.

Anyway, my eyes glanced up expecting to see a random person, but a smirk formed in my lips when I saw (Y/N) entering the door, her eyes fixed on the beverages. She passed by then went looking for a drink.

Ah, I guess she didn't see me.

"Hey Hey Hey! What do you think you've been doing there jackass? Get back to work!"

Crap. The manager.

I quickly sat up, shoving my phone into my pocket. His eyebrows were furrowed and I could tell smoke was now coming out from his ears.

"Out of my way kid!" The man in his fifties pushed me out of my seat which had me stood up. He pulled the drawer and counted the money, then he shoved it right into my face. "Look at this! You earned less than fifteen dollars! What are you trying to do? You've got a job to work on! Oh, and don't tell me you're trying to steal the money here huh?!"