Reader x Percy || The Promise [2/4]

(A/N  SORRY FOR ZE CLIFFHANGER I MADE THAT TIME... PEACE!!!)

*Your POV*

"Asking if you can be my girlfriend"

—was the last words I heard from him.

Percy, my bestfriend, likes me?

All I could see were his sea green eyes.

All I could hear were the shouting and screaming of the fellow campers.

And all I could feel was...happiness.

"W-what did you say, Percy?" I asked in a low voice. He smiled.

"I've already told you, (Y/N)," he said. What happened today circled inside my mind, going through a lot of things, and then this? Was I dreaming? Or was I just thinking about it?

But no..I could feel his hands..I could feel myself alive...awake...

I looked down, swallowing. "I...I don't — even know what...to say..."

"PERCY!!!"

A cloud of bright light swirled and shoot against the ground, almost like an explosion. It seemed as if it came hurling down from the black, starry sky.

"A-Apollo?" Percy stuttered. I became surprised. Apollo. My dad. I studied him, and unbelievably he looked like he's just a teenager. Blonde hair, tanned skin, blue eyes, and a bright white teeth, gritting itself.

Apollo, the god of the sun, eyed me. I was about to speak, telling him I missed him...but it seemed like it didn't ever make me go tell him.

Very well...

The voices. Again. They're back. No. It couldn't be!

It's very pleasing to see you in that situation, loser. Right, my friends?

Yes, the others snickered and laughed evilly. I ignored them and snapped out of myself, looking back at...unbelievably...my dad.

"You know I am a god, Percy," he growled. I held on tight on Percy's hand, stuttering out of fear as Apollo glared at him.

"Y-yes," Percy whispered, also holding tight to my hand. I wonder what he was feeling right now..

*Percy's POV*

I cleared my throat. Why was Apollo mad? Was something wrong going on?

"And you know I could do anything to banish someone of crossing through my way!!" He snarled. "I know we're friends dude, but getting to my bad side? I know you are the one! You made a fool of me! Your old weak daddy Poseidon, told you to steal my golden chariot for good!"

I gasped. What did he just say?! "Apollo," I said calmly. "I don't know what you're talking about—"

"Don't even make a fool of me, Percy!" He turned angrier than ever. I could see (Y/N) stuttering out of fear.

"You have three days. It's until December 7. And if you didn't return my chariot, I WILL BANISH YOU FOREVER!!" He bellowed and stomped, vanishing into a cloud of sunlight. He hurled upwards to the sky, back to Olympus.

I saw (Y/N), in shock. His dad, Apollo! He saw her! Just this minute! Why didn't he even, go talk to her??

Everyone stared at me at shock. "Percy, a thief??" The others muttered, walking away down the hill.

"He was a lightning thief...now, a chariot thief?? What is this nonsense?" Clarisse snorted, stomping away with her friends.

I clenched my fists, "I WASN'T A LIGHTNING THIEF!" I screamed.

"Percy, calm down," (Y/N) suddenly held my cheek, facing her. I held her hand, putting it down. I breathed slowly, "I'm...sorry."

"Dude," Jason said. "I think you should know who did that. I mean, you know what."

I turned around and faced him. "I am not even thinking of that. I'm not ready."

"Well, you should be ready, Percy," Chiron said. "Perhaps I'm talking about right now."

"Right now?!" I repeated. "But..." I looked at (Y/N). "I...I can't leave her right now."

"Right now is right now, my boy. I am sorry. Your things are already prepared," Chiron sighed, shaking his head in despair. "I know it's hard. But then all you have to do is say goodbye to (Y/N)."

I gasped.

*Your POV*

Percy? My bestfriend, leaving? No. It can't be!

Your dad never loved you...he never even talked to you this time...and very well! Your bestfriend leaving you!! What a perfect time to celebrate! The voice snickered.

"You're leaving," I looked down.

"Can't she go with me?" Percy pleaded.

"I'm afraid not," Chiron shook his head in disappointment. "The quest is too dangerous for her, and, she hasn't been trained much yet. Leo and Thalia are there to accompany you."

I stammered mentally. I could handle it! Chiron just didn't know...when I was battling Percy and the others in Capture the Flag awhile ago...

Percy looked at me, holding my hands. "Goodbye (Y/N), I'll miss you," he whispered.

"G-goodbye.." I whispered. He hugged me tight as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Don't worry Perce, I'll take care of (Y/N) while you're there," Jason said. I pulled away. Percy nodded. "I'm counting on you dude, take care of her," he smiled.

"Goodbye," he sighed, holding my hand, and then letting it go... I thought...he would go back. "I'll be back. I promise."

He walked away, down the hill, then disappearing.

Jason shoved me as we watched him go away.

My bestfriend would be back.

He promised.