Reader x Luke || Theory

*Your POV*

"You're really going to write a theory, huh?" Annabeth asked me.

I opened the old notebook that wasn't used yet. "Yeah, I'm going to write the theory."

"Okay? What kind of theory?" She sat beside me. We were in the canoeing lake. It was afternoon. Annabeth and I were best friends since kids. We ran away from home and met Luke and Thalia. We united, fought monsters and survived. Luke was fourteen, Thalia was twelve, Annabeth was seven, and I was thirteen. I was kind of jealous cause I noticed Luke doesn't have feelings for me, he loves Thalia. Annabeth also liked him. I mean, the two already liked him, and, even me? I pretended that I don't like him, but Annabeth recognized that I do.

Sadly, as we're near Camp Half-Blood, Thalia told Grover to take the others, including me through the borders, but I couldn't help myself. I would have left Thalia alone fighting Hades' bloodthirsty minions. But I didn't. I cared for her. And I didn't want the only daughter of Zeus to die. I regretted that Luke didn't even forced himself to help Thalia. Annabeth and Luke were already inside, while I was there in between the inside and outside of the borders, deciding. And then I ran to help her.

We fought the monsters. As all of them were gone, I suddenly saw Thalia wounded. And then after a few moments she turned into a pine tree. I cried and cried, cause if only I could take her place, then she wouldn't be dead. That's why I hated Luke. I hated him.

Annabeth was now 15, I was 21. And she told me she likes Percy, a son of Poseidon and my brother. Quite dumb of him. But he's okay. While I, myself, still don't like any guys. Thalia once visited the camp, and she advised me to join them.

"Hey, (Y/N)?" Annabeth was snapping her fingers infront of my eyes.

I yelped, "Oh um sorry."

"You okay? I thought you're about to pass out then. You were staring into space. Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I just thought about what happened to Thalia." I looked down, tears running out.

"(Y/N), please. Please forget about it. Thalia's now in the Hunters of Artemis. She has come back to life."

"But I just can't get over it. Look what happened when we were kids-"

"Please (Y/N). Past is past. Forgive Luke."

"How can I forgive him?" I started to write. "He's a traitor! He sided with Kronos!"

"Well, it's your choice," Annabeth said bluntly. "See you then." She stood up and left me alone.

I looked down at the notebook. I started to write.

I slowly went downstairs, wondering why was my mother still not upstairs to sing me a lullaby.

But then, I saw her drunk, her hair caught short, and the whole living room was a mess.

I was thirteen years old, that's why I understood why was she drunk. My mother always tells me her love story every single birthday of mine.

She was twenty five years old when she fell in love with my father. She met him in a Greek museum, and he was very handsome.

They get a lot of stares from each other, which caused me to think, were they the ones who invented the staring contest?

And then one day my mother got pregnant.

My father was a little disappointed. But deep inside my mother told me that she saw what he felt. He felt like he broke a promise or something.

And then, happily ever after turns to sadly ever after.

He left her without saying goodbye.