Luke Castellan || Should Be [2/4]

(A/N THEME SONG IS ALL WE KNOW BY CHAINSMOKERS! I KNOW NICO SHOWED UP AFTER PERCY DOES, BUT YEAH...ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN FANFICTION!)

*Luke's POV*

I was searching for Nory since early in the morning. Yesterday the night was awesome, meeting her and then...I just got straight to the point that we fell inlove instantly.

But where was she?

I searched for her in the Demeter cabin. But she was nowhere to be found. I asked even her friends where she was, but they said they hadn't seen her ever since then. Where could she be?

*Your POV*

What? This couldn't be true!

"My mother's sending me to a quest?" I said, astonished at Chiron.

"Mhhmm, yes. And the quest is to find and protect Percy Jackson." He said.

"But the war is near! And she's gonna tell me to find and protect some random guy?"

"No no. You are very wrong my dear," Chiron looked over the sea nervously. I looked at the sea and saw it suddenly creating mighty and big waves. "He is a demigod son of Poseidon."

The god of the sea, I thought. So Demeter is telling me to protect a son of one of The Big Three?

But then, this is my first quest.

"Do you accept the offer, Nory? It's your first quest."

"Yeah. I know but...I'm not ready..." I thought about Luke. Oh seriously?

AND I AM GONNA LEAVE LUKE JUST TO PROTECT THAT PERCY JACKSON?

"Don't worry Nory. Nico di Angelo will accompany you," he said.

"A son of the death god...seriously Chiron..." I said, a little nervous. I didn't get along too much with Nico...but yeah, I'll try.

"I'm sure you and Nico would get along well, Nory. Don't worry. He's just...eh..." Chiron thought and stopped. "Nothing." And then he called him. "NICO!"

For a second Nico showed up, wearing his usual black t-shirt and jeans, and his jacket. "You called, Chiron?"

Okay, so his voice was so deep and angelic. Wait what am I thinking? I mentally slapped myself. No. Bad Nory.. Baaaad. You have Luke. And Luke loves you back.

"Oh yes yes," Chiron suddenly pushed me forward to him. "Nico, this is Nory. Nory, Nico will accompany you during your quest."

I was speechless, but I thought hard what to say. "Um..when is the quest?"

"Right now."

"RIGHT NOW?"

"Yes."

"But..."

"I know that. Your things are ready. But you could say goodbye to him before you two go."

I nodded, running out of the Big House and finding Luke in the woods. It was where we met each other.

"LUKE! LUKE, WHERE ARE YOU?" I shouted, looking for him.

*Luke's POV*

"LUKE! LUKE, WHERE ARE YOU?" I heard someone calling my name. Was it Nory?

"NORY? NORY!" I shouted, I ran and looked for her. "NORY! Where are you?"

"Luke! I'm right here!" She shouted. I turned around and saw her. Her beautiful black hair swept over her shoulders, her dark chocolate eyes staring back at me.

"Nory!" I ran towards her, crushing her into a hug, and giving her a long passionate kiss. I pulled away. "Nory...I've been looking for you..."

"Chiron called me and..Luke..." She suddenly cried. I gasped. "Nory! Don't cry okay? What happened?" I wiped her tears away with my thumb, cupping her cheeks.

"I guess..I'm saying goodbye to you for a while..." Tears ran out even more out of her eyes. "Luke, I'm going to a quest."

"What? I'll go with you!" I said.

"No, you have demigods to train here for the war.. And my quest is to protect Percy Jackson. Chiron has told me that he will save the world. And I don't believe in him. I don't want to go but my mother told me so..." She cried.

"Yeah, you're right...who cares?" I stared at her eyes.

"I'm sorry..." She whispered. "I have to go now.."

"It's alright, Nory. Don't be afraid. Just go. I love you..." I kissed her shortly and smiled at her. She smiled weakly back at me. "Be careful, okay?"

"Okay." She said. We pulled into a hug.

"Bye, Luke," she added, pulling away and kissing me one last time. And then she slowly walked away, with Nico di Angelo. I knew I could trust Nico. But could I trust that they would only be friends? What if...what if she forgot about me? And she would love him more? No...no that won't happen.

Nory turned her head back to me and smiled. I waved her goodbye and walked away.

I shouldn't have accepted Kronos' offer... He promised he wouldn't kill Nory. But could I also trust him with it? Ugh, styx.

*Your POV*

"WILL YOU PLEASE STOP CRYING?" Nico screamed, so irritated at me. We were heading our way by shadow-traveling to New York. We never knew this Percy Jackson. But anyway, leaving Luke made me cry as in forever. I shouldn't have accepted this quest.

I cried harder.

"WHAT IN OLYMPUS ARE YOU CRYING AT?"

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!" I screamed at him.

"Oh yeah, THE THING IS, YOU DON'T ACCEPT THE FEELING YOU LEFT HIM!"

"MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, DI ANGELO!" I shouted back. "Why can't you just speed up and go to Percy? You know where he is, right?"

I couldn't see Nico cause of the darkness surrounding us.

"I will speed up if you stop crying." He said.

I then stopped, but I mentally cried. "Fine."

We reached New York. "Where do you think is he?"

"Alright...come with me. We'll protect him and he wouldn't die. So he would save the day. Basically, we will also save the day cause we protected him who will save-the-dam-day. Am I right?" He stared at me.

"Okay..." I whispered. Suddenly he took my hand and pulled me. I wasn't used here in New York.

Oh, Luke. I hope you're okay.