Reader x Octavian || Smile to Happiness

TRIGGER WARNING/ This oneshot contains depictions of self-harm that may be upsetting for readers.

-----------

*Your POV*

Late in the winter on the 17th day in February, Octavian and I decided to sit on the gleaming snowcaps outside Camp Jupiter, deep in the forests.

"Sometimes you should know how to love yourself, you've had too much pain from boys, (Y/N)," my friend Octavian said. No one knew he had a friend, and it was only me. I kept cutting my arm, blood trickling out and wounds forming. "Don't hurt yourself." He had that kind of serious and sometimes an expressionless tone.

"I want to die," I said.

"Why do you want to die," he asked in a monotonous tone.

"Because I got dumped by four boys." I started cutting my other arm.

"You're literally hurting yourself."

"Thanks for reminding me."

Silence filled over. Until he started to talk. "Percy Jackson?"

"He broke my heart when we were fifteen. He stole my heart. Broke it. Into pieces. Dumped. I'm so pathetic," I said monotonously.

"Leo Valdez," Octavian chuckled. "Flirtatious. Hot but a dumb burnt potato."

"Indeed," I muttered.

"Luke Castellan," he threw a small branch hundreds of meters that it reached almost the edge of the forest.

"He didn't love me."

"You say what?"

"Betraying me, choosing Kronos instead of me. Harming me. Torturing me. Too bad he existed," I huffed in annoyance.

"Luke really is that one. Your recent dumper...?"

"Nico di Angelo," I rolled my eyes, digging the blade deeper to my forearm. "Dumped me infront of everyone...such a loser."

"Greeks...I really could stab..." But he stopped himself. "You sure you're alright," he whispered.

"I really am." I stopped cutting, staring at my injury.

"Hey," he held out his hand. I looked up at him, his other hand putting the hairs covering my face behind my ears. "You get dumped. But that doesn't mean you have to stop breathing and living. You have to live, (Y/N)." His hand reached for mine.

"You're the only one here for me, Ian," I said. I called him Ian, no one also knew I called him that. Most of the time.

"I will always be here for you. Be yourself okay," he locked his eyes on mine. He stood up, I reached for his hand and then he helped me stand up.

"Come on, we're hungry."

"I'm not actually hungry," I lied. I haven't eaten for days.

"Look, I know you're lying. Just because of those dumpers..you're not gonna eat. You're tough (Y/N). Move on."

I looked around, the forest, so spacious. "The space is not enough for me to move on."

(Ehem HUGOT okay okay continue guys :D hehehehe)

"You really should be needing food," he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back into the camp. We headed to the New Rome, where we lived. I lived with him, sometimes Reyna would be with us. We entered our house and he made me sit. He stuffed a plate of coffee macarons and a hot chocolate drink infront of me. "Eat."

"I'm not hungry, Ian," I said, pushing the food away from me.

"Look do you want to die, huh?"

"Yes."

"(Y/N) please," he pleaded, concerned. I knew he cared for me, but I didn't really want to eat. My mind was so full of thoughts about those dumb dumpers.

"I don't want to eat okay?" I stood up and went upstairs then to the room, then stepped on the windowsill, my hands on the frames, looking down, twelve feet.

"(Y/N) don't you dare!" Octavian shouted. I felt him coming towards me. "Please don't—"

Too late, I thought. I jumped off, in midair, I curled up into a ball.

I thought I would feel the pain. But I didn't—as if the time stopped.

I opened my eyes, miraculously I was in midair, floating.

I looked down to see Octavian probably mad at me. I slowly reached the ground. "You're a daughter of Jupiter. Why didn't you think about it?"

I ignored him, I walked away as fast as I could to the house. I reached the sink and suddenly puked...too much...

"Gosh, (Y/N). You really need a break." His voice said behind me. I washed my face and gargled.

"I think your wounds should be healed."

"Thanks," I trembled.

"For what?"

I turned around and saw him crossing his arms.

"For being here for me."

"I'm telling you that everyday."

"Ian," I stepped closer, looking directly to his eyes. He was so full of seriousness. He didn't smile once. I hoped, every minute, that he would. "I have one request."

"What is it?"

"Will you please smile?"

"Why would I?" He looked away.

I thought for a minute. Then I had an idea. "I will eat if you smile, if you don't, I won't eat then."

He turned around at me.

It's a miracle.

He smiled.

Right after he crushed me into a hug. I sighed deeply. His smile just brought me back to my happiness.

"Alright, you go eat," he pulled away, smiling at me. I smiled back and sat down and ate, as he sat across the table.

I felt awkward.

Octavian was staring at me.