Reader x Leo || Intangible [1/2]

! VERY LONG CHAPTER AHEAD !

INSPIRED BY THE WEBTOON "MY BOO"; YOU GUYS BETTER CHECK THAT OUT! I LITERALLY CRIED. YOU CAN FIND IT ON LINE WEBTOON APP.

       It wasn't supposed to be like this, however it seemed like you had no other choice but to leave homeschooling and step out of your own world. This would be your first day entering a real school and you felt so nervous, not because of those new people you would meet, but because of your secret. You didn't want anyone else to find out and you were also afraid of the chances of seeing those whom others couldn't see.

       Down you stared at your empty bowl, playing with the spoon that you hadn't even noticed the time nearly thirty minutes before seven which was the call time.

       "(Y/N)!" You startled, eyes flicking over your cousin's who had just gone out from the kitchen. "Are you having a dilemma?" He glanced over the empty bowl, taking the box of cereal and bottle of milk with each hand.

       "What?" You tilted your head.

       "Let me guess, you can't choose on which should be poured first?"

       You laughed, grabbing the cereal from his hand. "Off course I can! The correct way is to pour the cereal first before milk."

       "Oh? Then what's bothering you?" he asked as he dragged a chair to sit on. You looked away, taking a deep breath. "You gotta eat something, (Y/N)."

       "I don't know, Neeks," you sighed, looking into Nico's eyes. "I'm nervous."

       "Then just remember what Bianca and I have always told you. Don't look at them in the eye. Ignore them as if you're not seeing them."

       "Easy for you to say."

       Nico sighed, shaking his head while spilling the cereal into your bowl.  "It'll get better if you keep on trying, I assure you that."

       You watched the milk spill into the oats. "I'm scared that they'd harass me again."

       "They won't if I'm here with you," he gave you that smile to make you calm, but not enough to drive your anxieties away. "Besides, we'll be at the same room in most classes. The teachers know you're homeschooled since middle school which is kinda weird, but it's fine. Also there aren't any records of death in that school. Don't worry yourself too much."

       "Yeah," you nodded, looking down at the ready made breakfast. "Thank you so much, Neeks. I don't know what I would do without you."

       A light chuckles escaped his lips. "I'm just doing what I promised to Bianca. Don't wanna make her mad so, you better finish that or else we'll be late." He backed away his chair and stood up. "You'll do the dishes?"

       "Yep. I'll catch up in a few moments," you told Nico before he headed for the door. You watched him dart out of the house and as soon as he disappeared from your sight, your lips were now pressed into a thin line, feeling another heavy weight inside your chest. All you wanted was to move on, but every time Nico mentioned Bianca . . . everything around you would merely suddenly turn melancholic.

       Instead of letting another second go to waste, you munched on your cereal as fast as you could even if you felt the likes of having no appetite.

       Oh, Bianca, you sighed. We miss you. So much.

       "That was fast," Nico retorted as you entered the car. "Thought you would zone out again."