Reader x Leo || Surprise

(A/N GUESS WHAT? POLL'S OVER! MAJORITY SAYS LEO XD)

It was Leo, your boyfriend's birthday today. Although the two of you only started dating for a few weeks, you had been hearing rumors that Valdez had broken the hearts of other girls the previous year. But they're just rumors, so you ignored them and focused on planning a surprise with the help of Hazel, Annabeth and Piper.

Since, Hazel was an expert in cooking for the food and the cake, Annabeth will be planning the venue and Piper will help a lot. You volunteered in decorating the venue with balloons and other birthday decorations. You were surprised that Percy and Jason also offered to help.

"So when will we have the surprise?" Annabeth looked up to you from her list.

You turned your head over your shoulder, "Don't worry. I got this."

Even if you were sure that you already have a plan on how to make it a surprise for Leo, you still felt nervous.

What if that rumor really happens?

You shook your head and slapped yourself mentally. I shouldn't be thinking of that. Today is my boyfriend's birthday and I can't let that stupid rumor ruin this day. You thought.

As soon as the decorations were finished and the cake was done, you decided to look for Leo but before you got out of the venue, you turned to your friends.

"Thank you so much for helping, guys! This is too much," you smiled, yet you felt a little embarrassed. "I was actually planning to do it by myself— "

"Of course we will help you! You're our friend!" Annabeth gave you a warm smile.

You were about to cry in joy but the tears didn't continue to roll out of your eyes when all of them pulled you into a group hug.

After the cheesy moment, you went out and pulled out your phone, dialing Leo.

"Hey (Your nickname Leo calls you 😉)! What's up?"

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" You giggled. "I'm okay. You?"

"I'm good. Where are you now?"

You swallowed, trying everything you can not to make it obvious to Leo you were planning something. "Actually, I'm coming home. Are you home?"

"Well it would be better if I pick you up where you are now. Where are you? I'm on the road."

Shit! He might see you.

"Really?" You managed to hide your nervous tone. "I-I thought you were at home cause I'm uh, on my way there."

"(Y/N)? You okay?"

Your eyes widened, your heart thumping. What would you say to him? You were nervous that you were hesitating of what you would answer to him.

I swear if he realizes I'm hiding something I'm so screwed up. You thought, sweat trickling down your forehead. Also, it was a hot summer day that it made you more stressed.

"(Y/N)? You still there?"

"W-What?! Oh yeah... still here," you let out a nervous laugh. You turned around only to see your friends still inside the venue so you ran off faraway from it. "Anyway, Leo. I'm at the mall right now. You can pick me up outside."