Second Chances

Carl's POV

Bailey had been gone for a day now. If we're being honest, I haven't stopped crying. I'm honestly the dumbest person in the world. I fucking love Bailey. I just let her go so easily like that. Knowing her she's probably out there just fine. She is easily the strongest person I know, but I don't care about any of that. I want her here with me.

I had nothing else to do than to just sit on the porch with Judith.

As much as I wanted to go out and find Bailey.. I couldn't, I physically couldn't. Once my dad had came back, a massive amount of walkers had followed him.

We were all trapped inside here, basically waiting to die.

"Hey Carl, have you seen Ron? I can't find him anywhere! I'm just really starting to worry." Jessie asked me and she seemed really worried.

"Dead for all I care." I responded not even looking her way.

"Excuse me?!" She asked and yanked at my shoulder so I could look at her. She started to yell at me.

"What makes you think you can-

"Your piece of shit son Ron, he raped my girlfriend. I hope he's behind the walls with those walkers getting ripped apart." I interrupted her.

"He didn't!?" She asked beyond shocked.

"Just go away." I told her and walked inside with Judith. I set Judith in her bouncer and Jessie followed behind me, shutting the door.

"Carl, I'm sorry. I just want to find my son. I just want to know if he's okay." Jessie was nearly in tears right now and I could hear her voice breaking.

"Sam and Ron are all I've got now." She added.

"Bailey was one of the very few people I had left too." I yelled at her.

"Carl, what happened to her?" Jessie asked.

"She left! She left Alexandria. She couldn't handle life inside these walls anymore. Which I'm more than sure she meant living in the same place with Ron. He really took something from her, Jessie. She tried to kill herself." Tears were brimming my eyes and I couldn't believe that.

"Carl, I'm so sorry." She rubbed my arm.

"You know it is so painful to say goodbye to someone you don't want to let go, but it's even more painful to ask someone to stay when you know they want to leave." I was actually crying now. No damn way.

Jessie didn't care about my ugly crying face. She came in to hug me and I let her. She rubbed my back soothingly. It almost felt as good as when Bailey did it. It made me feel even worse.

I didn't care that Jessie was watching me pour my eyes out. I wanted Bailey back. I wanted to find her. I refuse to live with out her and I don't know why the hell it took her actually leaving.. For me to realize I could never love somebody the way I love Bailey Walsh.

--

Ron's POV

I don't expect Bailey to forgive me. I won't be surprised if tomorrow I'm dead, she's dead, or we're both dead. I won't be surprised if she ends up leaving me. She's unpredictable. She was so different. Out of every girl I'd met in my life she was actually one I'd never met before.. There I go again with the cliché bullshit.

Bailey was still asleep, and she looked so tired. She deserved as much rest as she could get, so I didn't attempt to wake her up.

I pulled some crackers out of my backpack and left them by her side. When she woke up, she'd have something to eat.