You Help Us, We Help You

The ultrasound gel that the doctor put on my stomach was cold and it was snapping me from the thoughts of the events that had taken place not even more than a day ago.

It still was not registering to me that I had lost two really important loved ones to myself and my family. I was in denial about it and I couldn't wrap my mind around it not at all.

Maggie as well as Sasha were on both sides of me as I awaited the fate of my baby. I so badly wanted Carl next to me and our unborn child, but if the baby was no longer with us I could not let Carl be here for that. I didn't want him going through anymore than he had to already.

"You're about a week now. It's too soon to see the baby, but it's there and it's fine."

I sighed in relief at the doctor's words.

Sasha squeezed my hand and was smiling. Maggie was trying so hard to be happy for me, and even happy in general. She had just seen her husband die, so it was understandable that she couldn't find the strength to be as happy as she wanted to be for me.

Maggie was next on the table, as the doctor squeezed out the gel on her stomach. She grabbed mine and Sasha's hands. The grip around my right hand from Maggie was very tight and was hurting. It was just nerves and we knew that. "Just be careful, I don't have another to spare." I said to Maggie and she gave me a small grin. She remembered I said the same thing before to her once.

I rubbed her hand with my left arm and kissed it. I nodded my head to her and she started to tear up as she waited for the doctor to say something.

Sasha was gritting her teeth so hard because she wanted Maggie's baby to just be okay. I did as well, because I needed Maggie's baby to be here as well. She needed at least that.

The doctor moved the sonograph around and we were all three growing extremely impatient. Maggie was farther along in her pregnancy than I was and it didn't even take the doctor that long to find my baby that was too small to even see.

I looked down knowing it wasn't going to be good and just like that the three of us heard.

"I am so sorry."

Maggie just laid there, shaking. Tears were falling down my cheeks and Maggie said nothing, but kept her stare on the doctor. She let go of both mine and Sasha's hands. Maggie buttoned her jeans up and pulled her shirt back down.

"Mag-

Maggie stopped Sasha from saying anything and got up from the examination table.

"Let's go home." was all she said and I called out to her as well. "Maggie?"

"Let's go home right now!" Maggie said and started to cry again.

Sasha and I began to follow after Maggie. Maggie was then face to face with somebody who we were all too familiar with.

Negan.

"Hey gorgeous, miss me?" he laughed and plunged his bat named Lucille down into Maggie's skull. "Maggie!" I yelled and ran forward at Negan. Before I could even try and assault him, he had his hand around my neck.

I struggled for breath and he swung Lucille down into my skull. Hearing a cracking noise and only seeing blood fall into my eyes. "Holy shit! I popped your eye out like I popped the little asian man's eye out!"

I then felt arms around me and I woke up.

It was just a dream.

"Bailey!" I hear Sasha's voice and she's on the side of the bed i'm laying in. "It was a nightmare, you're fine." Sasha said and I looked around at my surroundings. I had forgotten we were at The HillTop.